ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate Work Experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LisaM77
Newly Registered

Graduate Work Experience

Post by LisaM77 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:37 am

I am going to apply for the HSMP as and under 28 yr old and the 2 years of graduate work experience I have is with my current employer. What sort of back up information needs to be submitted i.e. job description on letterhead?

I haven't told my current employer yet that I want to leave and am afraid the HO will contact them for a reference?

Square

Post by Square » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:10 am

Lisa,

Welcome to the forum! There's plenty of very useful posts on the forum to give you good guidance.

I'd suggest you inform your employer of your intentions (I'm sure they'll appreciate so that they can do some succession planning), and following that, request your manager for a written reference. While I've not known any case of HO contacting the employer, if you keep your employer in the loop that way you will be covered.

You will need to do a bit of leg-work to appreciate different members experiences, the kind of documentary evidences provided etc, etc.