ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependet ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Dependet ILR

Post by iubus2005 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:49 am

Hi All,
I have read a few responses where people mention that limit of 180 days of absence is not applicable for dependents continuous period calculation. However, I have not been able to see this in any official documents or form. If anyone else is aware of this, can you please point me to the right place how to confirm this?

Cheers.

vinny

Re: Dependet ILR

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:14 am

They have deleted the requirement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:02 pm

[quote="vinny"]They have [url=http://www.immigrationboards.com/post14 ... l#p1464957]deleted[/url] the requirement.[/quote]
Hi Vinny,
You mean, now it is the same requirements for both the main applicant and the dependent? In the continuous period calculation document, I don't see them talk about dependents at all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:06 pm

iubus2005 wrote:Hi Vinny,
You mean, now it is the same requirements for both the main applicant and the dependent? In the continuous period calculation document, I don't see them talk about dependents at all.
There is no such requirement for dependents. It has been deleted not long after it was published.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:20 pm

I am confused. So, how much time do dependents need to spend in UK or do they just go by 5 years of dependent visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:44 pm

iubus2005 wrote:I am confused. So, how much time do dependents need to spend in UK or do they just go by 5 years of dependent visa?
A dependent must have residence but there is no limit on how long they can be away, so if she is away for 12 months for maternity, that is fine as long as you have evidence of 'subsisting marriage and communication etc.'. However, they should not only be visiting the UK for a couple of weeks each year while living in home country and then expect to get ILR. Just holding a dependent visa is not sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi CR001,
Thanks a lot. This is very insightful. So, in SET(O) form, the list of absences etc. (and related documentation) are only applicable for the main applicant (i.e. me)?

I am always confused how will SET (O) be filled if Dependent plus kids apply for ILR later separately (without the main applicant).