ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dp I provide parttime self employment details too?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ronakinuk
Newly Registered

Dp I provide parttime self employment details too?

Post by ronakinuk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:27 am

Hi I have put my last 10 years employment history in the section required on page 10 of the AN form. I will also provide ref letters from both my employers confirming my duration of the service in a permanent employment.

however,
In ten years time I had twice attempted to start a part time (registered with HMRC as sole trader) self employment. Each one lasting over a year. So I did submit the return everytime and paid my dues.
This part time self employment was in addition to my main full time employment with my employer. It was well within the allowance of my endorsement in my passport.

I am wondering whether I should put these part time self employment details too? Just worried as it might raise some eyebrows. (I had to work a lot in those years to support the household).

Key details :
2005 entry to UK as student visa
May 2005 to December 2007 Student
December 2007 - 5 years residence status as a spouse of EEA national. Employment allowed.
June 2013 onwards permanent residence card with no restriction on activity

Applying for british nationality in January 2017.

P.S. Said self employments were in the period of 2009-2010 and again in 2015-2016.

Many thanks for your advice.

noajthan

Re: Dp I provide parttime self employment details too?

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:23 am

Yes, do.
As meeting of tax/NI obligations will be crosschecked.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ronakinuk
Newly Registered

Post by ronakinuk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:07 pm

I cant describe what happened.
I was overly preoccupied finding two refrees to sign - had to post them my form and wait 1 week each to receive back.
I am so gutted, I didnt check your message until today and didnt include my self assessment details with my application submitted on 31st January.

1. Is it too late?
2. I called Homeoffice and the adviser says send in a letter with the self assessment statements and explaining why you did not originally include these details. To same address and with date of submitting application, DOB and all identifiers so it will reach the case-worker correctly.
3. Should I do the above or wait till they ask me?

ronakinuk
Newly Registered

Post by ronakinuk » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:48 pm

Thank you for sharing information for my earlier question.

This is to update and close this post.

Application process has been successful.