ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help With New Baby's British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doctorsholly

Help With New Baby's British Passport

Post by doctorsholly » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:29 am

Dear Gurus please i need advice regarding documents that i need to send along with my British child's passport application.

I am non-eu, but i am married to a Brit Cit, my wife's mom was born here also and is also a British. Now we are planning to apply for a British passport for the baby but on the checklist they are requesting for a lot of documents, I want gurus to tell me which documents are most important/necessary; we plan to send baby's full birth certificate, 2 passport photos of baby, counter signatory form and my wife (child's mother's) British passport. is that enough or there are other documents that we need to send.

Secondly, whilst we were filling the online application form, we made a little mistake on the child's grand- parents section. We mistakenly put the name of Grandparent 2 in Grandparent 1 section. Do you think this would cause any problem ? or should i write an explanatory letter and send along with it ?

Thanks for your anticipated advises.

babal_001
Newly Registered

Re: Help With New Baby's British Passport

Post by babal_001 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:31 pm

i had almost a same query, CR001 advised me and I got my daughter british passport.

steps CR001 advised and I did:-

collect application form from post office and fill it
2 photoes
mother/father nationality proof must be british (parents passport )

apply online for fast track 1 week service and book an appointment in HMPO.

thats all

I got my daughters passport in 5 days.
thanks CR001 again for ur valuable advice

doctorsholly

Re: Help With New Baby's British Passport

Post by doctorsholly » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Thanks for the response, but I already made the application online and I've paid the £49 fee, I just wanted to know if those documents I mentioned are fine and if the error isn't a problem ?