ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fully comprehensive health insurance

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AnouckFarrell
Newly Registered

Fully comprehensive health insurance

Post by AnouckFarrell » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Can someone please explain what exactly fully comprehensive health insurance would be?
Does that mean the most expensive packages? (I can not imagine?)
Also, is there any suggestions on health insurance providers/packages?

Thanks in advance!

pukon_check

Re: Fully comprehensive health insurance

Post by pukon_check » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Comprehensive health insurance covers all the medical needs of you and your family.
Cheers...

AnouckFarrell
Newly Registered

Post by AnouckFarrell » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks.
I figured that, but there are so many options to choose from with different providers, how do I know which one will be accepted as a fully comprehensive?

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi there
Just ask your provider you are looking for comprehensive insurance..
They will explain you all the policies and the terms as well as how much it would cost..
You can ring or email them with the question they will explain it all..

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:58 pm

Like you pointed out there are many packages and indeed can be confusing. I assume this is in relation to Residence Card. You should aim for a health insurance that provides an average cover which has a midrange price tag. Usually most insurance companies provide a comparison table of packages available on their sites. I know I'm stating the obvious here but don't pick the most basic but also it doesn't need to be very expensive too.

Also there's a government website that has a tool which helps you choose and compare different insurers. Search for The Health Insurance Authority and give it a try.

To give you an idea (I had no previous experience of this whatsoever) I went for Laya Advantage 250 Plus as it suited my needs and most importantly my pocket (I also included my dependent parent in the insurance policy as well as the whole family). Don't forget that whilst the main reason is to address the Residence Card requirements, God forbid if you need to access it then it may just come handy. After all you're paying for it

Hope this has given you some clarification

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:23 am

yo

Comprehensive just means Public hospital Cover at least , because private hospitals will never take you in whitout insurance or cash anyway

We are on sufficient fund for 3 years we started with VHI Starter 50€ /Month

plans with hospital is from 40€ to more / month is comprehense

More Expensive is for higher private hopital cover and high tech hospital (That more than comprehense)

When you have a hospital it's enough whenever you are sick the insurance pay for you and you pay a small excess :mrgreen: For exemple when i was sick insurance paid 4 000€ and i paid 300€ therefore governement have nothing to worry about public fund

GP will never take you without money most often you asked to pay before you get in.

Just insure it has Public hospital cover at least .. :mrgreen: