ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting back payment after obtaining ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tirins
Newly Registered

Getting back payment after obtaining ILR

Post by tirins » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:41 pm

Hi

As I know, while you are an asylum sicker and your case is considered by the Home Office you are being supported by Social Services (SS). SS pay roughly 75% of what is supposed to be paid to a recognised refugee. I heard that it is possible to claim a reimbursment of remaining 15% for all the period of time while being supported by the SS once you received Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

If you know anything about this, please post reply here or write to emailbin@webiga.com

Huge thanx in advance.

tw30
Newly Registered

Post by tw30 » Sat May 08, 2004 3:56 pm

you should only be supported by Social Services if you are a minor (under 18 yrs old), otherwise NASS (national asylum support service) would be supporting you. as far as NASS is concerned there is no back payment of their benefits once you get an ILR decision from the Home Office. I am not 100% certain about back payments from Social Services once ILR is granted, but I would think it is highly unlikely that they will make any back payment.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat May 08, 2004 5:12 pm

There is a case before the courts on this issue that is yet to be determined - until then NASS will not pay the 'owed' amount pre ILR grant.