ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I still have a chance for ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jas

Do I still have a chance for ILR?

Post by jas » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:39 pm

Hello,

Please if someone could advise.

I have been here in UK on continuous WPs for more than 6 years with no break in WP or Visa. But I do have few absences, and one significant lasting around 4.5 months that was in 2006. Basically in 2006, I had to travel back on few occassions to my native country for work. I came back in January 2007 and continuing here. I can't get any retrospective letters from employer to support that but have payslips from India to show that I was still at work.

Does this break that I had almost year ago will impact my case for ILR?

Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:07 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:07 am

Were you send to your native country by your existing employer? and were you paid salary in UK during that period?. In that case you would be fine. Ask your company to give you a letter that confirms that your travels were job related and your salary continue to be payed in UK. You can use your salary slips as proof of that if need be.

Best of luck.

jas

Post by jas » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:08 pm

I went back by the same employer and was paid only in India but not in UK. And my employer won't give any letter to substantiate but I do have pay slips from Indian payroll to prove that there was no break in employment. Will this suffice? or I have this against my application?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:04 pm

jas wrote:I went back by the same employer and was paid only in India but not in UK. And my employer won't give any letter to substantiate but I do have pay slips from Indian payroll to prove that there was no break in employment. Will this suffice? or I have this against my application?
I don't think that helps much.
Either don't submit the Indian payslips and declare only the UK income or submit the Indean paylslips if it is clear it states the same employer/name from the UK but you'd need to show the bank statements in india too.
Thats' why i suggest to just keep it simple and just stick to the uk income