ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Specific Category B question. Massive headache!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

piujade
Newly Registered

Specific Category B question. Massive headache!

Post by piujade » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:35 am

:!:

Hello folks!

I have looked everywhere to find an answer to my question, but just cannot find it anywhere.

Simply put: Can I use self employment of last financial year April 2016-17 to show earning income over threshold in the 12 months before taking salaried employment for Category B?

1. I have been self employed for 2 years and I am self employed right now. I have been earning over the threshold £22500 per annum as a sole trader.

2. I have the possibility of being offered a job starting in June, around £21000. I will still hang on to one of my self employment contracts earning me around £300/month. However, my main income will be a salary.

3. I apply on 1st October 2017, so I will only have 4 payslips - June, July, August, Sept when I apply. Can I use the evidence of past 12 months bank statements/invoices of income PLUS my tax returns of April 2016-17 to show my continuous income over the threshold?

4. The form only asks for "salaried income in the 12 months before application". Can we include self employed income to show over the threshold?

Worse case, I will ask the company if they will keep me on as a contractor and make me an employee after I get my FLRm extension,OR not take the job if this is not possible. :cry:

Please help, I would so appreciate it.

Best,

Pri