ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Message from Passport Office before BC approval

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eumumto2

Message from Passport Office before BC approval

Post by eumumto2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:34 am

Hello,
I have received the message from the Passport Office, that my passport is on it's way.
However I still don't have an approval letter about citizenship. Also I never contacted about the citizenship ceremony. How is it possible they send me a passport? Can this message be sent mistakenly?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Message from Passport Office before BC approval

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:17 am

What exactly does the message say?

Does it say something like 'we have received your application and it is being processed and should be dispatched within 6 weeks'???

If yes, it is a STANDARD automated message. Your passport will ONLY be processed/printed once you have attended your ceremony, which is the point you become British. So no, you will not be getting it anytime soon.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eumumto2

Post by eumumto2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:35 am

Message was: ''You should receive your new passport within a few working days. We'll send your supporting documents separately''.
Strange. As I said I still don't have any approval as well as the ceremony.
Mistakenly sent message probably?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:01 pm

This is a standard message for "normal" applications. You will get your passport after the ceremony.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Seph27
Newly Registered

Post by Seph27 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:38 pm

alterhase58 wrote:This is a standard message for "normal" applications. You will get your passport after the ceremony.
I am in almost similar situation too. I did JCAP and I got a text message from HMPO after I did biometric saying "We'll contact you by 15/06 if more info or an interview is required. If not, expect your passport by this date. No further update on progress will be given".
My question is , Can I have my passport before letter of approval?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Seph27 wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:This is a standard message for "normal" applications. You will get your passport after the ceremony.
I am in almost similar situation too. I did JCAP and I got a text message from HMPO after I did biometric saying "We'll contact you by 15/06 if more info or an interview is required. If not, expect your passport by this date. No further update on progress will be given".
You will NOT get your passport until you have attended the crony. These messages are standard automated messages.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Seph27
Newly Registered

Post by Seph27 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Seph27 wrote:
You will NOT get your passport until you have attended the crony. These messages are standard automated messages.
Has anyone got this type of message giving specific date (e.g. 15/06) for decision making and if yes, were they able to decide the case on this date and inform the applicant accordingly please? I saw one by AlfaBeta123 on page 3 of the May 2017 processing timeline only posts. Unfortunately, there has not been any update by the applicant.