ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rental Income

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

Rental Income

Post by samira_uk » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:06 am

Hi,

I am a bit confused about the guidance on rental income.

it is said that the property should be owned by the sponsor and then said:

Equity in a property cannot be used to meet the financial requirement.

What does it mean? it means that the sponsor cannot rely on a mortgaged property and they should have paid off all debt? Or a rental income from a property with mortgage can be counted?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Rental Income

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:34 am

Equity is NOT rental income. If their is equity in the property, it basically means it is worth more than the debt. You cannot use this to meet the financial requirements.

You can use rental income, provided it is enough and all obligations are met etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:30 am

I think the concept of mortgage rental income is similar to loan money or third party support which HO prohibits to use in meeting financial requirements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:35 am

CR001 wrote:Equity is NOT rental income. If their is equity in the property, it basically means it is worth more than the debt. You cannot use this to meet the financial requirements.

You can use rental income, provided it is enough and all obligations are met etc.
Thank you but i am still confused. so we can use a rental income on a property with mortgage to meet the financial requirement? what do you mean by all obligations are met?

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:36 am

seagul wrote:I think the concept of mortgage rental income is similar to loan money or third party support which HO prohibits to use in meeting financial requirements.
It is what made me confused but it seems that mortgage is not an issue as one of the evidences that HO accepts is Mortgage statement to show the ownership.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:46 am

samira_uk wrote:
seagul wrote:I think the concept of mortgage rental income is similar to loan money or third party support which HO prohibits to use in meeting financial requirements.
It is what made me confused but it seems that mortgage is not an issue as one of the evidences that HO accepts is Mortgage statement to show the ownership.
I think to meet accomodation requirement it should work but for meeting financial requirement like mortgage rental income then it may fall.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.