ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Satisfying possible future applications

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

swilliams1
Newly Registered

Re: Date of Application

Post by swilliams1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I have been travelling in and out of Thailand repeatedly (13 times since Feb 2014), and have never been apart from my partner for more than 2 weeks at a time. The three and a half months is the total time accumulated since we met.

Considering that I will be in Thailand with her, at the time of application, surely there is no need to provide evidence of communication during our time apart to prove that our relationship is 'subsisting'?

We communicate principally via the Line Message App which deletes all chat history when you change phones, which both of us have recently done.

swilliams1
Newly Registered

Re: Date of Application

Post by swilliams1 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:02 pm

I wonder if anyone has any clarification as to the above post and reply.

I'm guessing that the reply that 'Evidence of communication during your time apart is important to prove subsisting relationship.' was based on an understanding that we have been apart from eachother for 3 and a half months at one time, rather than as a total spread over multiple trips I have taken over the past three years?

Surely it would be unreasonable for an ECO to require evidence of communication for trips of two weeks when a couple has been together over three years?

swilliams1
Newly Registered

Satisfying possible future applications

Post by swilliams1 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:31 am

Having conceded defeat to the complexities of the spouse visa application process, I decided to employ a lawyer to advise me.

However, this has just opened up a hornets nest.

I will give the gist, without replicating the emails I received, I was given a whole new hoop to jump through - a new hurdle to jump over.

I was told that within our application, we should not only satisfy the requirements of this particular visa (spouse settlement application) but we should also make sure that. (this is what riled me) we should not give the ECO any 'indication' that when we apply for the next visa, that we would not be able to comply. !!!!

Sorry but has anybody ever come across this? Has this ever been a legal reason for refusing an application?

I've been trying very hard to take care of every detail and do everything perfectly. I decided that to make sure I didnt' make a mistake, I'd hire an advisor, who for the past 15 years has been the head Immigration consultant at various legal firms in the UK. The above was the advice I received. At some point, it gets too much. I exchanged emails, and frankly, I feel like people on the 'inside' have no clue what it is like when you are trying to live in your own country with your loved ones.

Surely, it is not possible, that a spouse visa application, if you clearly fulfill every criteria, could be rejected on the basis of the 'indication' or 'belief' of the ECO that you will not be able to fulfill the next application? That's bananas right? But that's what the Immigration Consultant of a large legal firm told me.

Does anybody have any experience of this?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Satisfying possible future applications

Post by seagul » Tue May 09, 2017 3:23 am

Whats your query and what are you going to tell us?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

swilliams1
Newly Registered

Post by swilliams1 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:55 am

sooo clearly this is not the place to post experiences of trying to get a UK spouse settlement visa or I wrote it in the wrong way? anyway, I'll move on, thanks for the help seagul.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue May 09, 2017 4:15 am

This is the best forum to ask queries and share experiences by deleting the personal information. A lot of members have better knowledge than solicitors. I also guess that a lot of solicitors even prepare cases from members replies & experiences :P :P :D
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 09, 2017 8:03 am

The requirements of subsequent leaves as a spouse are basically the same as that of an initial spouse visa, with the addition of A2 English and cohabitation documents for FLR(M)/SET(M) and KoLL for SET(M), etc.

However, in the future, there may be changes in the rules or changes in the applicant's circumstances. So, I would have thought that an ECO would only be concerned with an applicant satisfying the current application and not with applicants failing to satisfy a future possible application. Unless the ECO is psychic, how can s/he refuse an applicant based on a future application that haven't been made?

Did the Immigration consultant make those comments on 1st April?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

swilliams1
Newly Registered

Post by swilliams1 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:23 am

Unfortunately it wasn't April 1st and I received a longer reply further reinforcing the point in ways that make even less sense.

I'll do my best to keep calm, ignore the whole encounter and carry on as before.

swilliams1
Newly Registered

Post by swilliams1 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:37 pm

We just received the A1 certificate for the language requirement and were told my fiance could easily have passed the B1. Would there be any benefit for us to do that?

(While I'm doing my best to ignore the advice I had re 'future applications' I want to do my best to make sure this application is accepted).

Is there anything other than the certificate that needs to be submitted to fulfill the language requirement?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 11, 2017 10:34 pm

A B1 English language pass would be helpful for future applications.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

swilliams1
Newly Registered

Post by swilliams1 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Thanks - I understand we'll need it for future applications. Would it be helpful in any way for our current application?

Is there any other information we need to provide in the application regarding the language requirement. Do I need to write anything about it in the sponsor letter?