ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will a newly granted T2 licence come with CoS?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wishiwereabird
Newly Registered

Will a newly granted T2 licence come with CoS?

Post by wishiwereabird » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi

I read on the forum from a post dating back to 2012 that a new T2 licence would come with a CoS ready to use. Is it still the same today?

One more question, my company applied for a T2 licence first week in March. Home Office visited our office two weeks ago, but today is the end of 8th week from the day our application was submitted. Is it a good idea to phone HO up and find out about the result on the licence? I'm worried if no CoS is issued together with the licence very likely I'll have to wait till allocation date in June...

Thank you!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Will a newly granted T2 licence come with CoS?

Post by iworker » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:30 pm

i believe within the licence application it asks about how many cos a year will be needed. If that is filled properly with justifications, some licences come with cos allocations.
But there have been cases with licences granted with no cos allocation, application for which has to be done separately.
you could ask the employer to chase them, but generally the decision comes when it comes..

wishiwereabird
Newly Registered

Post by wishiwereabird » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:32 am

iworker wrote:i believe within the licence application it asks about how many cos a year will be needed. If that is filled properly with justifications, some licences come with cos allocations.
But there have been cases with licences granted with no cos allocation, application for which has to be done separately.
you could ask the employer to chase them, but generally the decision comes when it comes..
Thank you for your reply!

I just checked on gov.uk the list of registered sponsors apparently a decision has been made that we have successfully obtained a licence. However HR said no letter or email has been received so far. I would ask my company to phone HO and for access to the SMS where I assume is the place where we'll be able to find out if the CoS were issued... really want to get that CoS before the cut off day on 5th May...

wishiwereabird
Newly Registered

Post by wishiwereabird » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:57 pm

Okay this is for someone looking for the same info around this, I found this in the SMS guide from HO today. It's relieving...
When you applied for a licence, you should have given us an estimate of how many Tier 2 (General) CoS you would like to assign in the first year of your Tier 2 licence.
These are called unrestricted certificates because there is no limit on how many you can ask for, providing you can justify your request.
We will add your CoS allocation to your SMS account, and give you 12 months from the beginning of your licence to assign the CoS. After that time, any unassigned CoS will expire.
In general it should require no extra time when a new licence is issued to a sponsor.