ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Private Life - 2.5 years Visa , Mother aged 70

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sathmaha
Newly Registered

Private Life - 2.5 years Visa , Mother aged 70

Post by sathmaha » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:00 pm

Dear All,

I am kindly requesting you to advise me on the following,

My mother recently got the visa (private Life route) 2 and half years (after court appeal allowed for her earlier refusal - FLR(O) indefinite leave to remain Application ), in the HO letter its clearly stated that she can't claim public funds. And I am currently getting housing benefit (wife + 2 children), If I want to say to council my mother is staying with me and she depending on me, what will council say ? is Council will increase the Housing benefit amount for me? what can I do to get council support for my mother indirectly (I mean, she can't claim, but through me).

Please kindly let me know suggestions and advice.

Thanking you all

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Private Life - 2.5 years Visa , Mother aged 70

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:02 am

The Council MUST be notified that your mother is living with you. Your benefits won't be increased and you can't claim Public funds 'indirectly' for your mother. In applying for your mother's settlement visa you took on responsibility for supporting her financially until she is granted ILR.

Are you aware that the Private Life route takes 10 years to qualify for ILR? (2.5 years x 4). :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sathmaha
Newly Registered

Post by sathmaha » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Thank you CR !

Yes I knew it will take now 10 years! I don't have intentions to claim on behalf of mother. due to my ongoing sickness I unable to work full time, but I am getting better now, and will be searching full time job soon.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:04 pm

sathmaha wrote:Thank you CR !
It was Casa who responded not me :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Ever feel that we're a double act? :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 pm

Casa wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Ever feel that we're a double act? :wink:
I do, I think it is very funny :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.