ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA ONLINE PR application not Valid for Citizenship?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tellme
Newly Registered

EEA ONLINE PR application not Valid for Citizenship?

Post by tellme » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi all,

As of Today ( 29 Aprl 17) The Online PR Application form section "TIME OUTSIDE UK" only requires if "you have spent more than 6 months outside the uk".
There is no longer request of all instances (e.g. holidays) spent outside the uk (less than 6 months). The list of all instances outside the UK was in the EEA PR online form few months ago, so this appears to be an improvement.

However I am worried that the EEA PR ONLINE is not valid for UK citizenship application (because there is no list of all instances / time spent outside the UK).
In particular the following sentence in the EEA PR online form website is of concern:

QUOTE:
About the online form
Unlike the paper form, this online application form only asks the questions that are relevant to you. This online application form follows a set structure. In order to proceed through and submit the form, each page needs to be completed. If this approach causes any difficulty, you may wish to use the paper form for your application.
Any reference in this form to EEA nationals includes Swiss nationals.
By completing this form, you and any dependants will only be considered for EEA (PR) – a document certifying permanent residence (EEA or Swiss National) or a permanent residence card (non-EEA nationals).
You will not be considered for any other type of leave to remain. You must use a different form if you want to stay for another reason..
UNQUOTE.

reference the statement in red above; does it mean EEA ONLINE PR cannot be used for application to UK citizenship?

Reference to
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/eea-pr

Many thanks

vinny

Re: EEA ONLINE PR application not Valid for Citizenship?

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:43 pm

Why did you think that it was valid for citizenship applications?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tellme
Newly Registered

Post by tellme » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:39 pm

vinny wrote:Why did you think that it was valid for citizenship applications?
Hi Vinny, thanks for your reply.

Section 2.4 of the "Application for naturalisation AN https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _02-17.pdf" requires EEA nationals
"Please state the 1) number of your Permanent Residence card and 2) the date of issue".
Hence I understand that I need to apply for EEA PR by filling in the form in https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-eea-pr . This can be a paper form or online form as well apparently.

Question 1: Do I need an EEA PR application done in order to apply for naturalisation (yes/no)?

Question 2: If yes, the point here is that the Gov.uk sites offers two option a) Paper form b) Online form that one print off. Is the form b) good to apply for Naturalisation (yes/no)?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:22 pm

1. You need a document certifying PR in order to apply for citizenship. So you need to apply for PR, then wait for HO to process that and issue you the PR card BEFORE you can even think about applying for Citizenship. PR applications can take many months to process.

2. You are applying for PR and NOT yet for citizenship. Why are you confusing the two completely different applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tellme
Newly Registered

Post by tellme » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi CR, thanks for your reply.

I reinstate my original question:

Is the EEA PR certificate obtained through the EEA PR ONLINE application valid for Citizenship application yes or not?

Please note that EEA PR ONLINE application is not the same thing of EEA PR Application as per my first post here. As of today these two application form are different; the ONLINE application does not require the list of time spent outside the UK is less than 6 month per year. Hence I would prefer to use the ONLINE form because I am still retrieving all my work flights out the uk which takes ages..

Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:54 pm

The document certifying PR would be the same, irrespective of whether you had successfully used the online or paper application. It's necessary but insufficient for naturalisation.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.