ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cash savings for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Manu9595
Newly Registered

Cash savings for spouse visa

Post by Manu9595 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi
I just wanted to ask that my husband is in India and and I want to apply his visa and I earn about 13k per annum and we have some savings it's in my husband's account it's about 33000£ (2700000 rupees) will this be okay or do I have to put into my account to apply his visa as I only earn 13000 per anumm. Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Cash savings for spouse visa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:43 pm

As long as you have held the savings in an accessible account for at least 6 months your £33,000 of savings will be more than sufficient to make up the shortfall in your earnings. You need £30,000 savings + your £13,000 annual income from employment to qualify.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Manu9595
Newly Registered

Post by Manu9595 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Thank u so much for the quick reply.. I have one more question do we have to show where that money come from his dad gave him as a gift.. does he have to show any proof any concent letter from his dad... and second the money is in his account is that ok?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Note that in my previous post I mentioned that the cash MUST have been held in an accessible account (by you or your husband, or jointly) for at least 6 months before the application is submitted.

You will need to show the origin of the money by submitting a letter from your father-in-law confirming that this is a gift and a copy of his bank statement showing the transfer.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Manu9595
Newly Registered

Post by Manu9595 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi sorry I m unable to understand do we have to show money in pound or the Indian rupees as he is still in India.and his bank account is Indian

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:22 pm

Indian rupees will be fine as long as they are the equivalent of at least £30,000 at the time of the application. Do allow for currency fluctuations, although if you have £33,000 this will be easily covered.
(Casa, not CR001)

Manu9595
Newly Registered

Post by Manu9595 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Ok thank you so much for your help☺️

Manu9595
Newly Registered

Reply from Vfs

Post by Manu9595 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi there I have a question about my husband spouse visa application... he just received a text message saying that the processed visa application for GWF...... will be delivered to the chosen address what does That means? Please someone let me knw he received message from vfs..... thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:10 am

It means that they have made a decision.
They will deliver the passport to your chosen address.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.