ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC interview

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dps
Newly Registered

EC interview

Post by dps » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:55 am

Can anybody share their experience of ECO interview please??

this will be very helpful to get prepared before appearing for interview..

I request everybody who has gone through this, please share the experience..

thanks

DPS

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:59 am

HI DPS ..

I havnt experienced it but i got this information from this forum.

I can share my Visa Interview experience with you, which many of you may not be having.

It is really a hectic day for me. I am given an appointment at 9.30. Went at 7.15 to BHC Mumbai and waited till 7.30 to open the doors.

They don’t have any counters to keep the mobiles as well and its all our headache to keep them outside.

I really struggled in finding a way to keep my mobile and the security has suggested me to go to VFS and keep the mobile there.

It’s not that far gracefully and went there and stood in line for my turn only to get a rack for my mobile and Ipod
So my suggestion is never carry any gadgets with you.
There were around 25 people on that day for interview,

They collected finger scans (Mehandi may pose some problem here) of all the people who came for interview and asked us to sit,

I didn’t get my turn before lunch, only one or two settlement visas were accepted and many were rejected (Most of them were student and dependent sort). I got really scared listening to the sound of rejections all over the room.

After lunch at around 2.30 I got my call and there is a lady (UK citizen) who greeted with a loud Hi.
These were some of the questions asked me

1) Who filled this application form -Myself
2) Do u think all the contents of this form are true - I thought for a moment and answered yes
3) Are you able to understand me - yes
4) How did you get your HSMP - I have explained her my points.
5) What are you working for now. - I said my company and she searched for my company docs in the documents I have submitted and had a look at that.
6) How much are you earning for a month - I said the amount I have mentioned in the Application
7) What is your role in the company
8)what kind of work do u do there.
9) what kind of job u r looking for in UK

Then she concentrated on my studies

9) which university u are from - I said IIT-Madras
10) Then what made u to come to Mumbai - I said my company is located in Pune
11) What u did in IITmadras - I said abt my degree
13) when u finished ur studies - 2006
12) What subjects u took in in ur masters. - I said names of 2-3 subjects.
And some more questions of this sort which I am not able to get at this point of time.

Mostly the questions are regarding my educational qualifications and my experience.
I think they are checking the genuineness of the candidate.
I think she is matching my answers with what I filled in the application form and the proofs I have submitted.

So one has to know thorough knowledge of what he has submitted to them.

Then I informed her I want to show more funds and she had a look over the funds proof I have shown, I think she has prepared her mind before this itself and had a rough look on this.
Then I wanted to submit other proofs of accommodation I got from my in-law, she is not even ready to take anymore and said that your application is approved. [:)]

These were the final words from her mouth....
OK GO UK. ( & )

GO THRU THIS LINK ..

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... &start=720

HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU

GOODLUCK

GMR