ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jorgie
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by jorgie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Got into the UK 2 years ago on wife's Work Permit. We brought in a child who is now ten and we also have another who is just over one year (Born in teh UK). We ran into some problems a year ago and seperated; we are now considering divorcing. What are the implications on my stay in the UK?
:wink:
Rgds

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:53 pm

I assume your wife is still on a work permit. If so, you will lose your dependent's visa and will need to return home, or alternatively apply for your own visa.

jorgie
Newly Registered

Post by jorgie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:01 pm

sakura wrote:I assume your wife is still on a work permit. If so, you will lose your dependent's visa and will need to return home, or alternatively apply for your own visa.
does it mean the spouse of someone on WP can not remain in any other capacity?

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:03 pm

You can if you qualify for a visa on your own accord, such as a work permit, HSMP, student visa, etc.

There may be a visa related to access to your children, who are here with their mother, but I don't know the rules on that one.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:42 am

There is no visa for contact to children for spouses of work permit holders.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!