ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation for Spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alldayidream
Newly Registered
India

Accommodation for Spouse

Post by alldayidream » Mon May 01, 2017 9:56 am

I have got an independent apartment (1 bedroom) for me and my spouse and have submitted the following document with our application:

(a) Letting agreement - lease from a well-known letting agent for 6 months starting 18 days before the application date - the lease is in my name and has no other name on it. I am the only person living in the property and paying council tax with single occupancy discount
(b) Utility bill contract as we just changed supplier before we moved in
(c) Tenants Insurance for 1 year

We have shown that I earn more than twice the required financial requirements and also shown savings in the bank.

We have already submitted the application but are concerned that we have not submitted a letter stating that my wife will be allowed to live in the accommodation. The application has not yet been assessed and should we get a letter from the letting agent now and send it to Sheffield? or the above is enough?

Thank you all.

alldayidream
Newly Registered
India

Re: Accommodation for Spouse

Post by alldayidream » Mon May 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Can someone please recommend something? Thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 01, 2017 2:32 pm

alldayidream wrote:I have got an independent apartment (1 bedroom) for me and my spouse and have submitted the following document with our application:

(a) Letting agreement - lease from a well-known letting agent for 6 months starting 18 days before the application date - the lease is in my name and has no other name on it. I am the only person living in the property and paying council tax with single occupancy discount
(b) Utility bill contract as we just changed supplier before we moved in
(c) Tenants Insurance for 1 year

We have shown that I earn more than twice the required financial requirements and also shown savings in the bank.

We have already submitted the application but are concerned that we have not submitted a letter stating that my wife will be allowed to live in the accommodation. The application has not yet been assessed and should we get a letter from the letting agent now and send it to Sheffield? or the above is enough?

It would be wise to submit a letter from the landlord agreeing to your wife living with you in the accommodation.
Thank you all.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

alldayidream
Newly Registered
India

Post by alldayidream » Mon May 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Thanks for replying casa.. I am sorry I could not see your answers.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon May 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Landlord/agency permission to allow your partner is very important document. Maybe sending them such letter before any decision may work.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.