ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor VISA rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunnymeh
Newly Registered

Visitor VISA rejected

Post by sunnymeh » Mon May 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi All,

I have recently applied for UK visitor visa for my parents living in India - which got rejected. My parents are retired and I was going to sponsor their whole trip to UK for 3 months which I have mentioned clearly on the Invitation letter and Sponsorship letter stating my Salary, payslips and UK bank statements from my side. As for my parents financial proof, I have added their bank statements with balance around £4.4k and a letter by Chartered Accountant - stating the property, Fixed deposit and assets worth £33K ( which I think got completely neglected by the ECO). I have got the rejection with below points:-

The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet requirements of paragraph 4 2 of Appendix V Immigration Rules for Visitors because:-

1.You have applied to travel to the UK alongside your wife for three months to visit your son i have taken into account that you have provided details of your sponsor's financial and living circumstances in the United Kingdom and l am very aware of the importance of family visits and the significance which should be afforded to maintaining family links, however, it is your circumstances as the applicant which is of most importance.

2.You have stated on your application form that you and your wife are both retired. You have not stated in your application form or presented documentation to suggest that you are in receipt of any regular income. You have estimated the personal cost of this visit at £2,000 To demonstrate your financial circumstances you have provided an Indian Bank statement, account ending ******5190, which shows a closing balance of Rs.360,450 (£4,291). You therefore propose to spend over half of your savings on this visit to the UK. Given your financial circumstances as outlined above, and that you have not demonstrated any income, I am not satisfied that this proposed expenditure is credible.

3.I have also considered the pattern of deposits into your bank account. I note that in the month of February 2017, this account received a number of deposits totalling Rs.200,190 (£2,383). I am unable to confirm from the documents submitted the origin of these funds.

4.In light of all of the above I am not satisfied as to your intentions in wishing to travel to the United Kingdom or that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Furthermore, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds available to cover your costs whilst in the UK without working or accessing public funds Your application for a visit visa has been refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) (e)

I am considering reapplying for the visa but wanted to clarify below doubts? So can you please guide me on the below points based on their experience?

Questions :
For point 2:
a. As my parents are retired they dont have a regular income - how should I respond to this question?
b. For spending half of the amount - We can dissolve one of the properties worth 15 lakh and provide the proof of same - will that work?

For Point 3 : Also I keep on sending money to them, is it fine to state that in my next application?

Thanks in Advance
Sunny

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor VISA rejected

Post by CR001 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:39 pm

If they are dependent on you for the day to day living and don't receive a pension (income) themselves, unlikely they will get a visa as the ECO could take the view that as they are already dependent on you for the living expenses in their home country, there wouldn't be much reason for them to not leave the UK.

Did you deposit the money in Feb only so that they can show they have funds? You should have demonstrated the source of these funds given that they have declared they have no income source.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.