ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS appointment gone TOO well?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KiloAlphaTango
Newly Registered

NCS appointment gone TOO well?

Post by KiloAlphaTango » Tue May 02, 2017 12:27 pm

So I prepared loads of docs to foolproof my application, included a cover letter to explain my situation (some missing payslips etc) but the lady at the NCS didn't want to know and just took the key docs such as life in the UK, my degree certificate, passport, employer letters and said it will all be fine.

I'm a bit suspicious of this - I've tried applying 3 years ago and got turned down for a lack of some minor bit of paperwork, that time the NCS officer was extremely thorough and double and triple checked every single bit of my application. Today I felt like the agent just skimmed through everything, we were done with the appointment in 20 minutes :-/ She didn't check or total my absences, check whether I had letters and P60s from all employers (I didn't) just kept on saying everything would be fine.

Should I be worried?? I'd be really annoyed if my application gets rejected for lack of sufficient detail and supporting docs when the lady at the NCS did not accept additional docs I was trying to provide...

salmintin

Re: NCS appointment gone TOO well?

Post by salmintin » Tue May 02, 2017 12:43 pm

KiloAlphaTango wrote:So I prepared loads of docs to foolproof my application, included a cover letter to explain my situation (some missing payslips etc) but the lady at the NCS didn't want to know and just took the key docs such as life in the UK, my degree certificate, passport, employer letters and said it will all be fine.

I'm a bit suspicious of this - I've tried applying 3 years ago and got turned down for a lack of some minor bit of paperwork, that time the NCS officer was extremely thorough and double and triple checked every single bit of my application. Today I felt like the agent just skimmed through everything, we were done with the appointment in 20 minutes :-/ She didn't check or total my absences, check whether I had letters and P60s from all employers (I didn't) just kept on saying everything would be fine.

Should I be worried?? I'd be really annoyed if my application gets rejected for lack of sufficient detail and supporting docs when the lady at the NCS did not accept additional docs I was trying to provide...
If they are not happy with the documents you provided, they will contact you. If the documents cover the past 5 years, you shouldn't worry.
3 years ago and got turned down for a lack of some minor bit of paperwork
Can you please explain?

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Tue May 02, 2017 5:23 pm

My NCS appointment was pretty quick and painless as well. It hadn't occurred to me to wonder if that was a problem until now...

I can understand why you'd be nervous after your experience three years ago, but I'd try to relax. Like salmintin said above, if the Home Office want more detail, they'll probably ask for it. Given all the tinkering they do with immigration rules, it might be that the type of proof needed for your application has changed since the last time you applied. Or it might be that whatever they needed proof for last time is so far in the past that it no longer covers your qualifying period and you're good to go.

Either way, I'd take heart in the fact that it was a quick and easy appointment. I think that's more likely to be a sign that your application is straight-forward and won't encounter problems when being considered by the Home Office than it is that your caseworker wasn't doing her job and has doomed you to another rejection.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Tue May 02, 2017 6:20 pm

My NCS appointment was quick and painless too ... Only submitted a few documents so a very thin pile compared to what was required to obtain my PR. Thanks to this forum, I quickly ask for the tracking number as she was already giving my receipt without any tracking details on it.

Hopefully all goes well :)