ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee for naturalisation as professional person?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dmitrijs92
Newly Registered

Referee for naturalisation as professional person?

Post by Dmitrijs92 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Hello everyone , im contused I ask my friend which I know for 5 year sigh an my AN form as referee, he is in British army , just soldier not officer , can I use him as refeeree proffesional person? :( :shock:

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Referee for naturalisation as professional person?

Post by silverchloride » Tue May 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Do we need references if applying via Nationality checking service too?

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Tue May 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Dmitrijs92 wrote:Hello everyone , im contused I ask my friend which I know for 5 year sigh an my AN form as referee, he is in British army , just soldier not officer , can I use him as refeeree proffesional person? :( :shock:
I don't see why not. The list of acceptable professional persons lists "Member of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces" (separate from the entry "Officer of the armed services (active or retired)"), and it sounds like your friend qualifies.
silverchloride wrote:Do we need references if applying via Nationality checking service too?
Yes. You need to fill the whole form out, just as you would if you were sending it by post. At the appointment, the NCS caseworker will check your form (and if there are any problems, I assume they alert you) and copy all of your supporting documents to send with your application so that you can keep the originals. The only thing I didn't get back was my Life in the UK Test pass notice. But in terms of filling out the form and the supporting documents you need to provide, there is no difference between a normal mail application and going through the NCS.

plat1n
Newly Registered

Post by plat1n » Fri May 05, 2017 10:39 pm

I don't see why not. The list of acceptable professional persons lists "Member of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces" (separate from the entry "Officer of the armed services (active or retired)")
Is person who's Pte. with British Army Reserve also qualify?

Btw. NCS informed me that only one referee needs to have British passport, which I didn't know before.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Sat May 06, 2017 12:45 am

plat1n wrote:Is person who's Pte. with British Army Reserve also qualify?
I have no idea. My guess is that they want someone who is in the military full time, in which case someone in the British Army Reserve would not qualify, but that is just a guess.