ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty Rights Temp Stamp 4: what to do in the meantime?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

travelling-show
Newly Registered

EU Treaty Rights Temp Stamp 4: what to do in the meantime?

Post by travelling-show » Mon May 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi all,

I, EU citizen, am applying for non-EU dependent parent under EU Treaty Rights. We submitted the application is early March 2017. We got a response a month later, asking for more documents from the list (which was fair enough, we simply didn't have everything when we first applied). We submitted what was listed. A week later we got a new letter that said: we received your documents, the onus is on you to provide what's required, advise us of any changes, the decision will be made in due course... And nothing about the Temporary Stamp 4 despite us overtly asking for it. My parent's 90 day stamp runs out in a few weeks. My plan is to submit more paperwork showing our relationship asap hoping that this will suffice for the Temp Stamp 4.

My question:

is my dependent parent permitted to stay past the 90 days of their entry stamp while waiting for the Temp Stamp 4?

A solicitor told me yes, my parent can stay because the application is submitted. The solicitor said many people have to go past their 90 day entry stamp during periods when there are even more significant delays than there are now. However, I don't fully understand the basis of her staying in these circumstances. Does it technically count as overstaying and essentially is illegal?

Another question:

I understand that everyone who plans to stay for more than 3 months needs to register with INIS according to where they live. I had hoped the permission letter (that the Temp Stamp 4 was granted) will have arrived by mid May so I made an appointment to be seen by INIS and register my parent's intention to stay here past the 3 months.

Has anyone any experience of attending an appointment with INIS without the permission letter?

Assuming that the permission letter doesn't arrive in time for my mid May appointment, is there any other kind of "tie-us-over-while-we-wait" stamp I can ask for? Or is the solicitor correct that we don't need any such thing?

Thanks to everyone on this forum, your help is invaluable.

arz1986
- thin ice -

Re: EU Treaty Rights Temp Stamp 4: what to do in the meantim

Post by arz1986 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 pm

I applied the same dependent parent case, I got temporary stamp 4 in november, 2016. Once you submit the case you are safe. Temporary stamp 4 normal come in permitted family member case but if you donot show any working activity they will not issue it.

travelling-show
Newly Registered

Post by travelling-show » Mon May 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks for the response.

I've also heard that you need to be in a job that is min. 20 hours. Where are people getting that from?

arz1986
- thin ice -

Post by arz1986 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:00 pm

part time job contract and last two payslip.