ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCJ from Private Parking firm - Paid within 1 month

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bowcreek

CCJ from Private Parking firm - Paid within 1 month

Post by bowcreek » Wed May 03, 2017 9:43 am

Dear members - I've had really great help previously on my immigration applications at various stages for which I'm really grateful to members here.

I've got another one for my upcoming naturalisation please.

I came to know about a CCJ as a surprise back in November 2016 whilst checking my credit file on Experian to which I had no knowledge of before that. This was from a Private Parking firm which apparently kept sending letters to my old address where car was left registered (my stupid mistake) and eventually won the judgement by default and hence this resulted in a CCJ. Luckily I came to know about it on time and managed to pay in full within one month.

I got another one from same company (probably parked at another occasion) in February and paid that as well within one month.

Both were around £300 and I applied to Certificate of cancellation from Northampton County Court which issued the CCJ, which was subsequently sent to me.

Do you think even though they are not on any judgement register / credit file anymore, I'd still need to declare them and explain for my benefit? How would UKVI know about those in first place if they are no where as if never existed?

Many thanks.

bowcreek

Re: CCJ from Private Parking firm - Paid within 1 month

Post by bowcreek » Thu May 04, 2017 11:39 am

Please can someone suggest on this for me?

Raff113
Poland

Post by Raff113 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:53 am

It will appear in courts system which we do not have access to. HO do have their tools to check it. Declare it and attach explanation note, this should not be a problem.

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Mon May 08, 2017 4:12 pm

Thanks.

What do senior members here think? My assumption was since it was paid within a month and subsequently cancelled as a result, its as if it never existed?

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Tue May 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Dear Members - Please can you help? My NCS appointment is on 15th May, next Monday.

astonished

Post by astonished » Tue May 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Declare it and in the additional information section explain that it was cancelled.

You have nothing to lose by declaring, and everything to lose by not declaring it.

bowcreek

Post by bowcreek » Fri May 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Thanks. I missed to mention about another occasion.

In March 2017, an enforcement agent from xxxx Council visited at my current address and told me about an outstanding due of £500 for stopping in Yellow Junction on xx/xx/2016. This came to me as a shock because I didn't know about this at all. After speaking to the enforcement agent, I was told that the letter were sent to my old address followed by one letter of enforcement to my new address which surprisingly I didn't receive either. I asked them to show me proof of posting to which they said the legislation doesn't need them to send these letters by signed for delivery. I had no intentions of not paying if I did receive the letters in first place but not having experience of such situations, I decided to pay the outstanding amount on same day in full and have received the confirmation of payment.

In this case, I didn't get any CCJs or anything and no sign on credit file either. Council did however have o obtain a Warrant of control from Northampton Traffic Enforcement centre - which I guess was required to start balliff action.

I guess I should mention and explain this as well along with CCJs. But is this one really Civil judgement ? If its not, I'd rather mention it on cover note than mention in under Section 3.4 on form AN.

Seniors, please can you help. I have NCS on Monday.

Many thanks