ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Credibility Interview Blunder

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jhicham
Newly Registered

Credibility Interview Blunder

Post by Jhicham » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Hello everyone ,
I had my credibility interview today ,when the asked about the source of the money i have in my bank account i said that my parents who are paying for my study expences ,they have provided me with the amount of money i have now in bank account . Then they asked how long you had it i said 4 months . But the money was in my bank account for longer than 4 months ,i thought they are asking about when i reached the required balance! Is that going to be cause of refusal if they checked with the bank and found out that i had the money for longer than what i stated ? Please help .

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Credibility Interview Blunder

Post by sah10406 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:08 pm

I think you have the wrong impression. If asked, your bank may verify that a specific document is genuinely issued by them, but they cannot give a random caller from the British Embassy access to your personal finances without your permission.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Jhicham
Newly Registered

Post by Jhicham » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Thanks a lot

Ifig
Newly Registered

Post by Ifig » Wed May 03, 2017 11:51 am

Hi Jhicham,
Did you get your visa?

Jhicham
Newly Registered

Post by Jhicham » Wed May 03, 2017 12:22 pm

no still waiting for the UKIV descision, ifig

addy321
Newly Registered

Post by addy321 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:00 am

Jhicham wrote:no still waiting for the UKIV descision, ifig
Hi Jhicham, any update on ur visa application.

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:43 am

sah10406 wrote:I think you have the wrong impression. If asked, your bank may verify that a specific document is genuinely issued by them, but they cannot give a random caller from the British Embassy access to your personal finances without your permission.
I have a question on this.
What exactly do they ask the bank to verify? Is it just whether the statement/letter is issued by them or not. Or do they ask if the said balance (for eg. £9135 equivalent) is still existing in the bank account or withdrawn by the applicant?

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:08 am

sah10406 wrote:I think you have the wrong impression. If asked, your bank may verify that a specific document is genuinely issued by them, but they cannot give a random caller from the British Embassy access to your personal finances without your permission.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.