ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main Applicant on ILR & Spouse on Tier 2 dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Movva365
Newly Registered

Main Applicant on ILR & Spouse on Tier 2 dependent

Post by Movva365 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:17 pm

Hi,
My wife entered UK as my Tier 2 General dependent in may 2015 when she was granted a 3 yr dependant Visa. I have obtained ILR in Sep 2016 through 5 yr tier 2 route.

What visa should my wife apply for her dependant visa extension? Should she apply for (flr m) But in the application it is mentioned as "You will only be considered for leave as a Tier 1 or 5 Dependant. You will not
be considered for any other type of leave to remain. You must use a different
form if you want to stay for another reason."? now and then apply for ILR when she completes her 5 years? Or should she apply for Pbs dependent extension if so can you point me to the application please. Just to clarify that I am on ILR through 5 yr route now.

Will applying for flr m reset the count and her stay would be counted from flr m visa start for next 5 yrs ?

Can you also suggest me the documents required? I have opened a limited company now and no longer on Tier 2 company so I was wondering if I need to show any financial statements the proves that I can support her/

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance..

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Main Applicant on ILR & Spouse on Tier 2 dependent

Post by iworker » Wed May 03, 2017 2:31 pm

you have 2 choices.
One is apply for the extension of pbs dependent visa. no financial requirement. send your ilr copy, she gets extension of fixed 3 years. Once she has spent a total of 5 years ON pbs dependent, she can apply ilr.

second option is, you apply for her flrm. her counter for 5 years will reset and financial requirement needs to be satisfied. she will get 2.5 years visa, which needs to be extended again (for another 2.5 year), after which she can apply for ilr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:11 pm

Movva365 wrote:Hi,
My wife entered UK as my Tier 2 General dependent in may 2015 when she was granted a 3 yr dependant Visa. I have obtained ILR in Sep 2016 through 5 yr tier 2 route.

What visa should my wife apply for her dependant visa extension? Tier 2 dependent.

Should she apply for (flr m) No, this will reset her clock to zero and a new 5 year residence period (2 x 2.5 year visas)

But in the application it is mentioned as "You will only be considered for leave as a Tier 1 or 5 Dependant. You will not
form if you want to stay for another reason."? now and then apply for ILR when she completes her 5 years? Or should she apply for Pbs dependent extension if so can you point me to the application please. Just to clarify that I am on ILR through 5 yr route now. See link below.

Will applying for flr m reset the count and her stay would be counted from flr m visa start for next 5 yrs ? Reset and the time already spent will be lost.

Can you also suggest me the documents required? I have opened a limited company now and no longer on Tier 2 company so I was wondering if I need to show any financial statements the proves that I can support her/ Not for PBS dependent no. You will need to show maintenance though.

Thanks in advance..
immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Movva365
Newly Registered

Post by Movva365 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Movva365 wrote:Hi,

What visa should my wife apply for her dependant visa extension? Tier 2 dependent.

Should she apply for (flr m) No, this will reset her clock to zero and a new 5 year residence period (2 x 2.5 year visas)

But in the application it is mentioned as "You will only be considered for leave as a Tier 1 or 5 Dependant. You will not
form if you want to stay for another reason."? now and then apply for ILR when she completes her 5 years? Or should she apply for Pbs dependent extension if so can you point me to the application please. Just to clarify that I am on ILR through 5 yr route now. See link below.

Will applying for flr m reset the count and her stay would be counted from flr m visa start for next 5 yrs ? Reset and the time already spent will be lost.

Can you also suggest me the documents required? I have opened a limited company now and no longer on Tier 2 company so I was wondering if I need to show any financial statements the proves that I can support her/ Not for PBS dependent no. You will need to show maintenance though.

Thanks in advance..
immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html
Thanks a lot for your reply, Can I know what specific documents do I need to submit since I have opened a limited company a month back and till before I was being run on a pay roll in the same Tier 2 company?

when you say "You will need to show maintenance though" how much do I need to show and for how long is it for 3 months 900£? I haven't maintained the monies so is there a way around please

Thanks again

Movva365
Newly Registered

Post by Movva365 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:15 pm

iworker wrote:you have 2 choices.
One is apply for the extension of pbs dependent visa. no financial requirement. send your ilr copy, she gets extension of fixed 3 years. Once she has spent a total of 5 years ON pbs dependent, she can apply ilr.

second option is, you apply for her flrm. her counter for 5 years will reset and financial requirement needs to be satisfied. she will get 2.5 years visa, which needs to be extended again (for another 2.5 year), after which she can apply for ilr

Thanks a lot for your reply, when you say no financial requirment do I not need to submit any maintenance money as well?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu May 04, 2017 10:07 am

sorry, for pbs dependent application, u will need to show min of £600 for 90 days. But no other min job salary requirement.

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Thu May 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi
I will be in similar situation to Movva. I am going to apply for my ILR on May 20 on tier 2 general route 5 years (2012 - 2017). My husband came to uk as tier 2 dependent in June 2015 and his visa expires in June 2018. So in total by the time of visa expiry he will be on 3 years as tier 2 dependent. Can he still extend his visa as pbs dependent ( Tier 2 dependent visa ?) for 2 more years so that he will be elgible for ILR in 2019 ?
Thanks
deepam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:43 pm

DEEPAM wrote:Hi
I will be in similar situation to Movva. I am going to apply for my ILR on May 20 on tier 2 general route 5 years (2012 - 2017). My husband came to uk as tier 2 dependent in June 2015 and his visa expires in June 2018. So in total by the time of visa expiry he will be on 3 years as tier 2 dependent. Can he still extend his visa as pbs dependent ( Tier 2 dependent visa ?) for 2 more years so that he will be elgible for ILR in 2019 ?
Thanks
deepam
Please refrain from tagging onto other members topics, it is considered rude and creates confusion when more questions are asked. Please ask these questions in your own topic/thread.

Have you actually read this topic completely and the link I have provided?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DEEPAM
United Kingdom

Post by DEEPAM » Thu May 04, 2017 3:33 pm

H CR001
I am sorry if i gave you that impression. I tried to click that on ipad which i am using and it is redirecting to a page with nothing but black , i can only open this on desktop once i reach home. I didnt meant to confuse anyone.
thanks
deepam