ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1A - Permitted Family Member

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

addymo
Newly Registered

EU1A - Permitted Family Member

Post by addymo » Tue May 02, 2017 10:51 pm

Hello Everyone,

There is alot of happening in County Roscommon i like to share few issues with you one of them i think very serious matter.

My Solicitor told me about a massive operation against UK sponser and Pakistani dependant and i was expecting a visit from Department after 1 month 04 April Deparment visited my place in County Roscommon interviewd for 1hour and 20 minutes, then they politely asked to see rooms to make sure that sponser reside in this house. As soon as we allowed them to see that polite permission become a proper search they checked cupboard, drawers and suit cases same day they went to few other houses as well but no one was at home.

Couple of weeks later Local immigration/Garda offier visited 5 different residence of people who applied as permitted family member of EU citizen. Firstly they tried to scared them that you are not legal in this country and we can arrest you even they told them that we already applied for status its in process under EU Treaty right and showed acknowlegment letter on which immigaration officer said where its writen that you are legal in state. One on them asked him where it's written that i am illegal in state. During investigation they search house as well to make sure that sponser live there as well as sponser was not at house at that moment.

They took there passports and asked them to collect from GARDA station after few hours. When they went to collect their passports they issues them a letter

MR ABC

Non national how doesnt have the permission to be in the stay in excerise of the powers conferred in me by section 14(1) immigaration act 2004. You are required by this notice to comply with the following conditions

1. MR ABC, Resident of XYZ only reside on this address in the State
2. Report to an immigration officer or member of the Garda Síochána on 01 May 2017

If fail to comply shall be guilty of an offence.

Immigaration officer
XYZ

For your ease i searched what is section 14(1) immigaration act 2004 and it state following

14.—(1) The Minister may, by notice in writing, require a non-national who does not have permission to be in the State to comply with either or both of the following conditions:

(a) that he or she reside or remain in a particular district or place in the State,

(b) that he or she report at specified intervals to an immigration officer or member of the Garda Síochána specified in the notice or to the registration officer of the registration district in which he or she is resident, and the non-national shall comply with the requirement.

(2) A non-national who contravenes this section shall be guilty of an offence.

On 01 May all of them visited immigration officer and he did nothing on arrival he took old letter and issued new similar letter with date 25 May 2017.

Question: Is it right that people who are applying for permitted family member are illegal in state?
Question: If you are illegal when you apply why not department inform ?

I am seeking advise of professional who know EU and Irish Law well.

Sama123
Newly Registered

Re: EU1A - Permitted Family Member

Post by Sama123 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:55 pm

So do u know that if they have got a visa or not. Are they giving permitted family member any status or its just no hope? :cry: