ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INIS registration - duration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

twista
Ireland

INIS registration - duration

Post by twista » Wed May 03, 2017 8:48 am

Hi

Anyone know if the registration duration for GNIB / INIS registration has changed. I understand it's ordinarily one year but for spouses of Irish citizens it's renewed for two years?

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Re: INIS registration - duration

Post by zepman » Wed May 03, 2017 9:12 am

twista wrote:Hi

Anyone know if the registration duration for GNIB / INIS registration has changed. I understand it's ordinarily one year but for spouses of Irish citizens it's renewed for two years?
I too was under the impression that it is at least for 2 years for spouses of Irish citizens. However, my wife got her Stamp 4 last week (after I became naturalised as an Irish citizen) and it's valid only for a year.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:56 am

The first Stamp 4 for spouses of Irish citizens is valid for 1 year, once the first Stamp 4 is renewed you will be given 2 years or until the expiry date of your passport.

Next Stamp 4 after the already renewed will be 3 years or until the expiry date of your passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Wed May 03, 2017 11:51 am

I saw few cases they 3 years length visa on the first place..
Some got 1 year and even two years..
Immigration officers could issue 3 years at a once it's depends who u dealing with I guess

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Spouses of Irish Citizens get 3 years of Stamp 4 at least according to here:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/wp07000024
INIS Website wrote:Successful applicants may be granted permission to reside in the State for an initial period of 36 months.
My Wife from the Philippines got 3 years Stamp 4 (until 2020) for the first time recently. Whether it'll depend on the immigration officer on the day I don't know, but at least according to the guidelines it's 3 years as opposed to one.