ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal record history / FBI Identification check

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karan270
Newly Registered

Criminal record history / FBI Identification check

Post by karan270 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:33 pm

Dears all

I understand only a minority are hit with the new (April 2017) clause for getting a 10 yr background check for Tier 2 General Visa applied outside UK. Please answer my doubts :

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... CE_Q-Z.pdf

The above link says "United States of America
Criminal Record History / FBI Identification Record issued by the FBI or an approved channeller"
Q1. Does it mean i could get just the Criminal Record History ? This is a quicker state run check .... as opposed to FBI record which is 2-3 months ?

And below it says "For visa purposes, the UK will accept FBI Identification records issued by the FBI or an FBI approved channeller certificate."
Q2. Now this confuses and makes it look like only the FBI record will work and not the state Criminal Record History ??

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/docum ... st-provide

This link says "You’ll need a certificate from any country you’ve lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years."
Q3. Now how do they count the last 10 years ? e.g. I entered India on 11 June 2008 after 3 yrs in the US.If I apply for visa before 11 June 2017 I have completed 12 months in US and need a certificate. However if I apply after 11 June 2017 I havent completed 12 months in the US , which would save me all the pain of getting the certificate.

Sorry for the long query, but I really needed some help ... thanks for reading

karan270
Newly Registered

Re: Criminal record history / FBI Identification check

Post by karan270 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Ok .. no replies.. can someone be kind to please suggest a decent immigration lawyer so i can ask about this rule on tier 2 visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Members are not permitted to post immigration advisors/solicitor details on the forum.

You also don't state what work you intend to do in the UK as only certain professions/jobs are required to provide this information.
Criminal record certificate
If you apply on or after 6 April 2017, you’ll need to provide a criminal record certificate if you work in:

education, for example teachers, education advisers and school inspectors
healthcare, for example nurses, doctors, managers, pharmacists, dentists, ophthalmic opticians
therapy, for example psychologists, speech and language therapists
social services, for example social workers, managers, probation officers
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

karan270
Newly Registered

Post by karan270 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Ok thank you for reminding the rules...
btw I work as a NHS doctor