ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

getting the Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b68722
Newly Registered

getting the Stamp 4

Post by b68722 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:50 am

Hi I have just arrived in Ireland with my Thai wife (on a 3 month Visa C). I am a British National so I am invoking my EU rights. It states my wife should have the say residency rights as me, but she needs to get the stamp 4 from the Garda. Is this a formality? Do I need to provide evidence of my residence in Ireland at his stage? She will apply for the 5 year residency Visa but I know this can take over 6 months.

I spoke to the Garda and they have said it can take 2 or 3 weeks to speak to the appropriate person. As far as I am aware, my wife has the same rights as I do from the moment she arrived in Ireland, but without the stamp 4 we cannot look for work, etc, which may take another 3 weeks. has anyone else experienced such huddles?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: getting the Stamp 4

Post by max307 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Please see all information you will need for your wife to get a Stamp 4EUFAM here.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU+Treaty+Rights
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Thu May 04, 2017 12:14 pm

As you are British citizen you have to submit for ur wife Eu-1 application..
You should have evidence of living in the state and as well as few other requirements..
Once you submit your wife will receive temporary stamp 4 for six months and after that once all the query is done INIS they will send another letter for 5 years residency call Eu stamp 4...

Source: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf
Cheers

b68722
Newly Registered

Post by b68722 » Thu May 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Thankyou very much for the answers. So when we go to the Garda (policeman) we will not gat the temporary stamp 4? And she cannot apply for work yet? This seems a bit unfair as I thought she should have the same rights immediately. Should I send of the EU1 forms now (it may take a few weeks to see the Gard)?

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Thu May 04, 2017 2:17 pm

The visa she has now it doesn't give any rights as you do..
But being married to you it does but for this she has to apply first for her residency visa and it has to be granted by INIS.
Further more once she apply it might take few weeks to get her temporary stamp 4..
Once she achieved her temporary stamp 4 she can start to look for work ..after successful of completing her six month the department will issue another full 5 years residency stamp..
You should check the requirements on Eu1 form what you need and if have them all just apply..
Even if you missing any documents still you can apply they will still provide her temp stamp 4..
Missing documents you will be asked by INIS U can provide later
Good luck

b68722
Newly Registered

Post by b68722 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Thankyou very much for your help. So should I just send the EU1 forms now and then see the immigration officer (Garda) later?..

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sat May 06, 2017 9:54 pm

Not to worry..just send your eu1 form to relevant department and you will receive an acknowledgement letter in few weeks and shortly after you will receive a grant letter from them issue with 6 month temporary visa..
With this visa letter you (Eu citizen) and your non Eu spouse have to go immigration officer to get the stamp in your wife passport...
But if you are lucky enough you might get acknowledgement and visa letter together...
Hope it helps
Cheers