ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN queries - Please help Adverse Immigration History

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Superlaylay
Newly Registered

Form AN queries - Please help Adverse Immigration History

Post by Superlaylay » Thu May 04, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi guys,

My friend wants to apply for naturalisation. My friend came into this country as an unaccompanied minor (14 years old) in October 2008 and applied for asylum which was refused but granted DLR for 3 years (expired in 2011). He was in foster care until the age of 18. He applied for an extension of his DLR (he applied on time, therefore, was not an overstayer). Instead, they decided to give him IRL in November 2014 (yes, they took that long to respond :shock: ). My question is: Will the 10 years rule apply to him given he came in as an unaccompanied? The NCS woman seems to think so but I was in the same predicament as my friend (everything identical- difference is I came at the age of 12) and got my naturalisation in 2016. Should he go forth and apply? What do you guys think?

Side note: I am not too sure about this NCS woman because as documents to prove his 5 years residence, she only asked for his P60, my friend was arguing with him that the P60 will only show him working for the last 1.5 years. she didn't even want to take his letters from social services (showing he was classified as an unaccompanied minor and stayed in care until the age of 18), secondary schools he had attended, his degree from the university of Roehampton (how was he suppose to show knowledge of the English Language :roll: ) and bank statements for the last five years showing he has lived in the UK continuously. I advised him to not send his application through this kind of service clearly this woman does not know what she is dong. Am I wrong?

Please help, I have been helping him since our case is very similar and my application was successful. Things could not have changed that much, I became a British Citizen in June 2016. Have they?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form AN queries - Please help Adverse Immigration Histor

Post by CR001 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:31 pm

No need for multiple posts tagged onto multiple topics. A single post is sufficient (this one).

See Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.