ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Combing salaried and non salaried income ( CAT A )

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rose_20
Newly Registered

Teaching assistant not being paid during school holidays

Post by Rose_20 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi all ,

I'm very new to this site so I hope I've posted in the right area .
I'm a British citizen looking to apply for a spouse visa for my husband in 6 months time .

I am a teacher assistant and will be working for an agency and will be paid through either this agency or an umbrella company. My contract will be intitally temporary with the option of being taken on as permenant staff after a few months.The pay will be weekly. I also have another part time tutoring job which I've been doing for 2 years with a known company .

By combining these two jobs I will be able to meet the 9300 needed for the 6 months . The only problem is I won't have a payslip for the teaching assistant job for the month of August since schools are closed and therefore no work.And then I'll be back to work in September with same agency/umbrella company .
For the month of August I was intending on increasing my hours at the tuition center to make up for the lack of income for that month .

When the total income for 6 months is combined I will have the required amount just August will be less .

will this be accepted?

Also will combining the two salaries be acceptable since one is paid weekly and the other monthly ?

Thanks !

Rose_20
Newly Registered

Combing salaried and non salaried income ( CAT A )

Post by Rose_20 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:58 pm

Hi all ,

I would appreciate any help I can get . I haven't found anything in the forum that addresses this topic

I will be starting a new job which is salaried - I will get a fixed income each month although overtime can be given at times . However this job alone paying, £1200 a month, does not meet the financial threshold.

I have another job at a tuition center which is non salaried and earn £450 each month ( can be more , can be less depending on how many hours I decided to do ) .

Am I allowed to combine the two incomes after working in both jobs for 6 months under CAT A ?

Thanks in advance !

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Combing salaried and non salaried income ( CAT A )

Post by seagul » Fri May 05, 2017 9:50 pm

I think in this situation the category B non salaried maybe appropriate where you have to fulfill in two ways. First you have had earned £18600 in the last 12 months and secondly your income level during the last 6 months should meet annual income level by using formula (total of all 6 months wages/6×12)
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Rose_20
Newly Registered

Post by Rose_20 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi seagul,

Thanks for the reply . At the moment I won't be able to apply using Cat B as I havent been earning 18, 600 in the last 12 monthe plus I only have the next 7 months to apply due to personal reasons .

From what I gathered from this forum and others is that 2 jobs can be used under cat A and a few have said they have been successful in that . However they all seem to have applied with either 2 non salaried jobs or 2 salaried jobs . In my situation I wanted to combine a salaried income and non salaried .
Looking at the guidelines is there anything to disallow this ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat May 06, 2017 8:01 pm

I am neither an expert nor practically tested it but as per official guideline I think you maybe fit under category B if have previously earned £18600 in the last 12 months. Because in guideline I haven't seen any example of combining salaried+non salaried. But in my another point of view if your salaried job will vary with overtime then it's also kind of non-salaried.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Sun May 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Rose_20 wrote:However they all seem to have applied with either 2 non salaried jobs or 2 salaried jobs . In my situation I wanted to combine a salaried income and non salaried .
Looking at the guidelines is there anything to disallow this ?
The "guidelines" very much allow this:

"The applicant’s partner is employed at the date of application and is relying on Category A. He works as a car salesman in Thailand in salaried employment. In the 6 months prior to the date of application his gross annual salary was £15,000. He also received commission based pay for each of the 6 months prior to the date of application which varied as follows:
£500, £1000, £400, £200, £200, and £800.
The income from commission based pay that can be added to the salaried employment
= (total commission earned over the last 6 months, divided by 6) multiplied by 12
= ((500+1000+400+200+250+800) ÷ 6) x 12
= (3150÷ 6) x 12
= £6,300
This annualised income from commission based pay can then be added to the salaried income of £15,000 to provide a gross annual salary at the date of application of £21,300."

This is from page 30 from the link below!

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

Rose_20
Newly Registered

Combing salaried and non salaried income CAT A

Post by Rose_20 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:29 am

Hi all ,

I am hoping to apply in the next month or so using 2 jobs in CAT A . Been with both for at least 6 months.

My salaries are as follows :

June - 1137.50 ( + approx £200 ) + 224
July - 1137.50 + 574
August - 1137.50 + 756
September - 1137.50 + 252
October - 1137.50 + 546
November - 1137.50 + 448

Calculation :

1st job salaried : 1137.50 x 12 = £ 13,650

2nd job non salaried :
[( 224+574+756+252+546+448) ÷ 6 ] × 12
[ 2800 ÷6 ] ×12
466.67 × 12 = £5600

Total income ( 2 jobs combined ):

£13650+ £ 5600 = £19,250

* Note : ive chosen to ignore the extra 200 i received in june from my salaried job as they take the lowest value earnt over the six months.

- I will have 6 payslips from EACH employer , 6 bank statements covering these months, contracts from both jobs, and employer letters from both jobs

Is there anything im missing here or mistakes in my calculation ?

Thanks in advance !!

Rose_20
Newly Registered

Spouse visa on maternity pay

Post by Rose_20 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi all ,

Just thought I would update you all on my case. There had been a significant delay in applying for my husband's spouse visa but finally a year after our planned application date we have sent off the application. In the end we made our application from Kampala, Uganda.

At the time of applying I was and still am on an extended maternity leave. So I applied using the earnings from 6months previous to starting maternity leave. Financial requirement was met using 2 jobs (1 salaried and 1 non-salaried) using Cat A. Non priority application.

I will write the dates below:

7th Nov 2018: Online application sent. All fees paid online

14th Nov 2018 : Husband's Biometric appoinment
All supporting documents had to be handed to TLS staff who I assume then scan the documents to UKIV.

20th Nov 2018 : TLS tracking system updates and says received by UKIV. However no email recieved on this.

Im a little worried that our application will be seen as not straightforward but trying to keep positive. So far no other updates , just waiting for the decision.

nsxx
United States of America

Post by nsxx » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:25 pm

hi rose, we have also submitted a spouse visa for my husband recently in uganda - only a few days after yourself.

whilst we too received the update on the TLS website, we didn't get a correlating email. recently after getting an update from UKVi directly, we were told on 12th Dec our case had been assigned to an ECO and is awaiting a decision.

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by inwarddoor1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi, We have also completed the online application on 11th Nov and submitted the supporting docs in kampala on the 20th. the application was received by UKVI on 22nd Nov according to TLS website but have not heard anything. No direct update from UKVI. :(

Rose_20
Newly Registered

Post by Rose_20 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:05 am

Hi nsxx,

We have not had any further email update since his biometric appoinment. No emails from UKVI. Only TLS website saying its with UKVI. Getting a little worried now since you have got an email....

Any news so far ?

Rose_20
Newly Registered

Post by Rose_20 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:07 am

Hi inwarddoor1,

We are in the exact same boat. Nothing from UKVI. Let's hope for the best. The waiting is the worst part ! Did you both do priority or normal ?

inwarddoor1
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by inwarddoor1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:23 pm

Rose_20 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:07 am
Did you both do priority or normal ?
Hi Rose, ours is normal/non priority service ... It seems not everyone gets an update email .. so don't stress yourself .. hopefully by now someone have been assigned to our cases tho :oops:

Rose_20
Newly Registered

Post by Rose_20 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:34 am

Im hopeful we will get a decision soon , and Uganda is not a country whose applications they generally take too long to respond to. I know a few people who have had responses within a calander month !!!
So hopefully we will get our answers in the next couple of weeks.
Is your application a straightforward one ? Mine i reckon is not due to use of extended maternity leave aswell as marriage by proxy. But we have met twice and we have a child together so hoping that will make up for it .

Rose_20
Newly Registered

Spouse visa approved !!!!

Post by Rose_20 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:22 am

Just to share some good news. My husband has finally got his visa approved end of January ( I know im updating you all very late).

Timeline :
14th November: Biometrics completed
24th January: decision made
1st February: Visa collected !!!

This forum has been amazing and I really couldn't have done it without it. We used no lawyers just this forumn and the official governement guidelines. Thank you to the admins and members for your support and encouragement. Im sure we will be back once extension is due !

All the best to those waiting for a decision.