ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - VISA T1 Gen Ent - 50K Refused and AR refused

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grescox
Newly Registered

URGENT - VISA T1 Gen Ent - 50K Refused and AR refused

Post by grescox » Thu May 04, 2017 12:25 pm

Hello all,

My Visa T1 General Entrepreneur was refused I applied for an AR and they maintained the decision. I received the AR decision letter today. I was switching from Graduate Ent to General Ent 50K.

I am planning to apply to a partner visa since my girlfriend is European and we have been living together for 2 years.

Can I do this, considering that I am now an overstayer?

If so, can I carrying invoicing with my company, since I am still doing business here in the UK?

Thank you very much guys in advance for any help or thoughts!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT - VISA T1 Gen Ent - 50K Refused and AR refused

Post by CR001 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:34 pm

There is not 'Tier 1 General Entrepreneur' category. It is simply 'Tier 1 Entrepreneur'. Tier 1 General is a completely different visa.

To apply for a EEA Extended Family Permit based on your girlfriend, you will be required to submit rock solid evidence of 'two years living together in a relationship akin to marriage' to qualify and even then, it will be scrutinised given your recent refusal and being in the UK with no legal status now.

You have no automatic rights based on your EU partner and if your Tier 1 Ent has already expired, you have no right to work in any capacity either and have been an overstayer since it expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

grescox
Newly Registered

Post by grescox » Thu May 04, 2017 12:57 pm

Hi CR001, Many thanks for your prompt reply, really appreciate it. Do you know that if for example I apply again to the Entrepreneur visa I could carry on doing business with my company?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:20 pm

If you have been given the option of applying within 14 days of the AR refusal then I would imagine yes.

As you have no history on the forum, why was your Tier 1 Ent refused?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

grescox
Newly Registered

Post by grescox » Thu May 04, 2017 2:03 pm

They made a mistake. I will try to be brief.

I sent my HMRC welcome letter and my NI 2 bills to meet the requirement of having a business running in the UK.

I could meet the requirement with either the welcome letter or the NI 2 bill.

In the first refusal they said that the welcome letter was OK but the NI 2 bill wasn't the last one.

In my Admin Review I explained that actually I was meeting the requirement already with the welcome letter. Secondly, I sent the last NI Bill 2 that I received from HMRC. At the moment of sending my original application I hadn't even received the new NI bill 2. I offered them to send this new one once I received it from the HMRC.

I feel really frustrated because I feel it's very unfair. I read the guidance many times and I was sure what I was doing, but I don't really know what to do now.

grescox
Newly Registered

Post by grescox » Thu May 04, 2017 2:06 pm

More details
Switching form GE to Tier 1 50K route
Application sent: 22/01/2017
Refusal: 23/02/2017
Admin review sent: 23/02/2017
Admin review refusal: 28/04/2017

My registration with HMRC was a self-employed and I have a software development business.

Ali272
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Ali272 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:42 pm

You have 14 days after AR to apply for the second application. I switched from Graduate E to Tier 1 E last year. If I was you I would get a good lawyer, It is worth the price. It seems like you can't handle it yourself.

You will be scrutinized if you want to switch to partner visa. You just got rejected for Tier 1 E and that's the red flag. They will be so tough on you.

In my opinion the best thing to do in your case is to apply for the second time.

grescox
Newly Registered

Post by grescox » Thu May 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi Ali272,

Many thanks for taking the time in replying.

Yes I think that I'll talk to a lawyer and see what my options are. But I also think that they will be very though on me of I apply for the partner visa, so we'll see how it goes.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:19 pm

grescox wrote:I apply for the partner visa, so we'll see how it goes.
You need to understand and use the correct terminology. If you apply based on your partner, it is a Residence Card, which is NOT a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

grescox
Newly Registered

Post by grescox » Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm

Ok CR001, thanks for the correction.

I'll let you guys know tomorrow after I meet the solicitor so maybe that advise can also help other members of the forum.