ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ncs for registering children as BC?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raff113
Poland

Ncs for registering children as BC?

Post by Raff113 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi all. I want to register my children as British Citizens, they have been born in the UK but before I actually aquired PR. I become British Citizen last year.
Do I book NCS for them in a same way that I did for myself? Do they offer JCAP for children as well?
How does it look like with the ceremony? I imagine they would have to attend? They are of 6 and 12 years of age. Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ncs for registering children as BC?

Post by CR001 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:00 pm

Do I book NCS for them in a same way that I did for myself?
Yes
Do they offer JCAP for children as well?
Yes
How does it look like with the ceremony? I imagine they would have to attend? They are of 6 and 12 years of age
Children DO NOT attend a ceremony, only adults do. You will receive their registration certificates in the post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Raff113
Poland

Post by Raff113 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Many thanks. As always, very helpful.

Raff113
Poland

Post by Raff113 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:21 pm

I am just filling the mn1 form for one of my girls. Now, one of the questions asks for the date when the child has aquired PR status. Not sure what date is relevant?
the child arrived to the uk in aug 2007 never left the counrty apart fot holidays abroad. I got my PR in sept 2014 (British Citizen since dec last year) and my wife in oct 2015 (applying for BC with the kids at a same time). So should I put 2014 as the answer? or just leave it blank and let ncs decide?