ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR HELP! entered uk when 16 can i apply with parents?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bselinax
Newly Registered

EEA PR HELP! entered uk when 16 can i apply with parents?

Post by Bselinax » Thu May 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Dear All,

I am an Italian national, I moved to the UK when I was 16 and few months with my parents.
We moved in April 2012, my dad started working in MAY, however, myself and my sisters have only started going o school/college in September.

My dad has completed his 5 years of residency excising treaty right. He has always worked, never been out of work, but he changed workplaces few times. Now, I have turned 21 can my dad apply for me in his application as family member, as he will do the same for my younger sister (11 and 15 YO) and my mother ? Or I will have to apply for myself as I am 21?

I have been attending college since September 2012 (I have all certificates), I started working part time in 2015 as well as attending college, and now I am doing an Apprenticeship. I do not have any proof of my stay till August (when i started applying for college).

Please guide me into this.

Is my dad entitled to apply for me as I was 16 when I enetered the country? How can my dad prove that I have been living with my family since April 2012 as the tenancy agreement and bills are under his and my mums name? Because I was 16 they didnt really put anything under my name. Same is for my little sisters, they have proof from August (when they received school offers)
If I have to apply for myself, do I have to wait till August as my proof of address start from then?

Thank you in advance

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA PR HELP! entered uk when 16 can i apply with parents

Post by Obie » Fri May 05, 2017 1:10 am

You are entitled to rely on your father's employment when he came in between the period from your 16th to 21 birthday.

If you turn 21 before the 5th anniversary of your arrival then you will need to show you are dependent on your father, unless you are claiming treaty rights in your own right.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Bselinax
Newly Registered

Post by Bselinax » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:23 pm

Obie wrote:You are entitled to rely on your father's employment when he came in between the period from your 16th to 21 birthday.

If you turn 21 before the 5th anniversary of your arrival then you will need to show you are dependent on your father, unless you are claiming treaty rights in your own right.

Ma have turned 21 before I have been living 5 years in the uk.
And I have been working and studying full time for past 2 years how do I show that I was dependant on my father for the first three years and now I'm not as I am working and paying my rent to my parent. (My dad used to get child benefit and child tax credit and housing benefit for me when I was dependent). Can I send those benefits letter to make them understand that I was dependent till I started working ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:29 pm

You said you came to the UK in 2016, and you are 16 right?

How long have you been living in the UK for?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Bselinax
Newly Registered

Post by Bselinax » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Obie wrote:You said you came to the UK in 2016, and you are 16 right?

How long have you been living in the UK for?
Nope I have come to the uk in 2012, when I was 16, now I am 21 and it's been 5 years since i have been living in London.