ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Rejected - incorrect Payment

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tobieoud89

EEA2 Rejected - incorrect Payment

Post by tobieoud89 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:29 am

Hi All,

I have an issue with our application of EEA2.

The end of february I have applied for a EEA2 for my two children (age 6 and 3). I (EEA National) filled in all the relevant forms and information. I have checked all the paperwork multiple times before sending it off to the home office.

Money was taken off my account on 06/03 - £130 for both my kids. After this we didn't hear anything for a long time until I decided to chase them up. I started calling, emailing and asked for our passports back. The end of April we finally got everything back, but also a rejection letter stating that the incorrect fee was paid. They say that I have not filled in the payment page correctly (I'm pretty sure I did) and that the application was therefore rejected. All the paperwork was sent back, but they one page that is missing the payment page.

I think they might have thought that I applied together with my two kids?

I called the home office and they advised to resent the documents with a cover letter. Has anyone has any experience with this? I'm not sure what to write on the cover letter and I'm a little hesitant to send all the paperwork again and then wait another 2 months for a silly answer.

What will be the best to do in this case? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

forestgump

Re: EEA2 Rejected - incorrect Payment

Post by forestgump » Fri May 05, 2017 12:44 pm

tobieoud89 wrote:Hi All,

I have an issue with our application of EEA2.

The end of february I have applied for a EEA2 for my two children (age 6 and 3). I (EEA National) filled in all the relevant forms and information. I have checked all the paperwork multiple times before sending it off to the home office.

Money was taken off my account on 06/03 - £130 for both my kids. After this we didn't hear anything for a long time until I decided to chase them up. I started calling, emailing and asked for our passports back. The end of April we finally got everything back, but also a rejection letter stating that the incorrect fee was paid. They say that I have not filled in the payment page correctly (I'm pretty sure I did) and that the application was therefore rejected. All the paperwork was sent back, but they one page that is missing the payment page.

I think they might have thought that I applied together with my two kids?

I called the home office and they advised to resent the documents with a cover letter. Has anyone has any experience with this? I'm not sure what to write on the cover letter and I'm a little hesitant to send all the paperwork again and then wait another 2 months for a silly answer.

What will be the best to do in this case? Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Who was the main applicatn? It must be some one over 18 parent, guardian or legal represantative.
Try to re-apply for residence certificate for you (as a main applicant) and residence card for your kids (include them into your application. The fee will be £195.

tobieoud89

Post by tobieoud89 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:48 pm

Thanks for your reply.

That might be my mistake...

I just called Home Office and they indeed confirmed that the main applicant needs to be somebody that is 18 years and older. I missed that..

My wife already has a EEA2 and doesn't need one anymore..How can I apply for my kids, when we don't have a main application?

Would you reckon I can get a refund (£130) from the original application?

Thanks!

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Fri May 05, 2017 3:28 pm

tobieoud89 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

That might be my mistake...

I just called Home Office and they indeed confirmed that the main applicant needs to be somebody that is 18 years and older. I missed that..

My wife already has a EEA2 and doesn't need one anymore..How can I apply for my kids, when we don't have a main application?

Would you reckon I can get a refund (£130) from the original application?

Thanks!
As I said above, you can apply for registration certificate (for EEA nationals - EEA1) as a main applicant and include your kids into your application to get a residence card (EEA2).
You will not get your money back. Money is not refundable.