ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! 6 month wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yummymummy23
Newly Registered

Help! 6 month wait

Post by Yummymummy23 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:12 pm

On next Wednesday 10/05/17 will be 6 months since the home office received my application for eea fm. Does the 6 month wait start from when the home office received the initial application? Or when they received my biometric information? Or when I received my certificate of application?
Thanks

zazii

Re: Help! 6 month wait

Post by zazii » Fri May 05, 2017 3:23 pm

from the date of application

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Fri May 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Yummymummy23 wrote:On next Wednesday 10/05/17 will be 6 months since the home office received my application for eea fm. Does the 6 month wait start from when the home office received the initial application? Or when they received my biometric information? Or when I received my certificate of application?
Thanks
From the date Home Office received your application. 6 months its normal.

Yummymummy23
Newly Registered

Post by Yummymummy23 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:32 pm

I'm on maternity leave at the moment and I'm receiving emails from my employer requesting further information otherwise I could be fired. If I do not receive any information by Wednesday (6 month mark) what steps can I take? Call the home office? Email them? Contact my MP? Request another COA?

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Fri May 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Yummymummy23 wrote:I'm on maternity leave at the moment and I'm receiving emails from my employer requesting further information otherwise I could be fired. If I do not receive any information by Wednesday (6 month mark) what steps can I take? Call the home office? Email them? Contact my MP? Request another COA?
Contact your MP.
Try to explain to your employer that while your partner in the UK and exercising treaty rights you have right to work even without CoA.
But, if you will lose your job you need to write to the Home Office and let them know that your circumstances has changed.