ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Compulsory voluntary work-will it really help integration?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hk_007

Compulsory voluntary work-will it really help integration?

Post by hk_007 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:26 pm

Some thoughts:
1. I wonder how many people will go through the motions of compulsory voluntary work (this itself is an oxymoron!!) to simply meet the requirements?
2. If one does the voluntary work the community in which majority are migrants from the same country of origin how does it help the lofty ideas of integration that the politicians have?
3. EU-citizens do not have to go through this process, does it mean that the politicians do want them to part-take into the British way of life?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Compulsory voluntary work-will it really help integratio

Post by pantaiema » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:33 pm

I will predict, Point 1 is probably will prevail, if it is made compulsary. Because they are doing somethig which do not come from their hearts

hk_007 wrote:Some thoughts:
1. I wonder how many people will go through the motions of compulsory voluntary work (this itself is an oxymoron!!) to simply meet the requirements?
2. If one does the voluntary work the community in which majority are migrants from the same country of origin how does it help the lofty ideas of integration that the politicians have?
3. EU-citizens do not have to go through this process, does it mean that the politicians do want them to part-take into the British way of life?
Pantaiema