ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa pakistan - documents checklist please review

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taffet87
Pakistan

Spouse visa pakistan - documents checklist please review

Post by taffet87 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:35 pm

All,

Below are the documents I am attaching and sending to Sheffield for my wife's visa application from Pakistan. She has applied and completed her biometric/given her passport last Wednesday already (paid fee + NHS surcharge).

Will really appreciate if people can review and advise on anything missing. Will include photocopy of everythiing too except photos/call/chat logs/application form and appendix 2.

Original Pakistani passport
Photocopy of Applicant Passport photo page and signature page
2 UK passport size photographs of Applicant
UK pre-departure Tuberculosis detection medical certificate
Printed online visa application form
Appendix 2 to visa application

UKVI IELTS Academic
Original degree certificate from Pakistan
UK NARIC statement of comparability
UK NARIC English level assessment
Letter from university that awarded degree confirming degree was taught and assessed in English
(Meet english requirement through UKVI IELTS as well as degree + NARIC comparability sttement + NARIC english language assessment statement + original letter from university that awarded degree)

Relationship:
Original Nikah Nama (marriage contract) in English – attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad, Pakistan
Original Marriage registration certificate – attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad, Pakistan
Applicant’s Pakistani national identity card photocopy with husband’s name
Copy of wedding ceremony invitation card
Sponsor’s British passport details page
Photos of wedding day as well as a few other times Applicant and Sponsor met
Extracts of WhatsApp call log showing calls from sponsor
Extracts of WhatsApp chat logo showing communication between Applicant and husband in UK
Extracts of Facebook messenger chat logo showing communication between Applicant and husband in UK

Maintenance:
SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING
Letter from Sponsor’s employer
12 months’ original pay-slips signed by employer
P60 tax form for y.e. 5 March 2016 (previous tax year)
12 months’ original bank statement from Natwest bank showing salary and bonuses and cash savings
8 months’ original bank statement from Santander bank showing additional cash savings
(Meet financial requirement through both salary route + cash savings route both on their own)

Accommodation:
Official title of property from land registry showing property is owned by sponsor
Letter from mortgage company in sponsor’s name confirming mortgage
Recent Council tax bill in sponsor’s name
Estate agent brochure from when property was bought with photos and measurements

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa pakistan - documents checklist please review

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:42 pm

UKVI IELTS Academic
Letter from university that awarded degree confirming degree was taught and assessed in English
You don't need both. You only need either IELTS or NARIC ELA.
Relationship:
Original Nikah Nama (marriage contract) in English – attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad, Pakistan
Original Marriage registration certificate – attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad, Pakistan
Extracts of WhatsApp chat logo showing communication between Applicant and husband in UK
Extracts of Facebook messenger chat logo showing communication between Applicant and husband in UK
Pakistani ID card not required.
How far back do the extracts of Whatsapp and FB go? Are they 'extracts' that you have copied into a MS document or are they print screens?
Maintenance:
SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING
If you mean the SUO7 form, this is NOT required for a spouse visa. It is a requirement for 'elderly dependent relatives'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Thanks for the quick response, yes appreciate providing extra info for English.

For sponsorship undertaking, yes can see it's not required but I don't know why everyone from Pakistan just fills it in for good measure (so people have told me to do it). Should I do a sponsor letter instead describing the relationship?

I got married on mid-feb. Chat logs etc go back from mid-jan onwards. I don't have anything before then, unfortunately. And photos are just from my week in Pakistan for the wedding (a few formal ones from wedding and photo shoot with family and other people as well and 3/4 casual ones at different places/days for me and her. This is the area I feel there is no clear guidance and its very subjective as far as I can see. Hopefully given its only been 2 months, I don't need much more than this.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:40 pm

taffet87 wrote:All,

Below are the documents I am attaching and sending to Sheffield for my wife's visa application from Pakistan. She has applied and completed her biometric/given her passport last Wednesday already (paid fee + NHS surcharge).

Will really appreciate if people can review and advise on anything missing. Will include photocopy of everythiing too except photos/call/chat logs/application form and appendix 2.

UKVI IELTS Academic
(Meet english requirement through UKVI IELTS as well as degree + NARIC comparability sttement + NARIC english language assessment statement + original letter from university that awarded degree)

Relationship:

Maintenance:
SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING
12 months’ original bank statement from Natwest bank showing salary and bonuses and cash savings
8 months’ original bank statement from Santander bank showing additional cash savings
(Meet financial requirement through both salary route + cash savings route both on their own)

Accommodation:
Official title of property from land registry showing property is owned by sponsor
Estate agent brochure from when property was bought with photos and measurements
Can you please advise me how to take

Extracts of WhatsApp call log showing calls
Extracts of WhatsApp chat logo showing communication

Please advise...I will really appreciate .Thanks

AES90
- thin ice -

Post by AES90 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:45 pm

If you ho onto call log list - you will be able to see recent history. You should delete your spouse as a contact so that the telephone number is visible. I also advise that you should send screenshots from your spouse side too.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:09 pm

i took screenshots of call logs
For chat, you can extract a call log from whatsapp and email it to yourself

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Thanks guys,

I will follow the instructions !

zk123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zk123 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

taffet87 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:35 pm
All,

UKVI IELTS Academic

Relationship:

Maintenance:
SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING

Accommodation:

Hi,
Did it all go well? Did you submit the application and was it successful ?

Please let me know I need some help

Thanks

life4change
United Kingdom

Post by life4change » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi

I m applying by January 28, please advise how many days it take to submit the application and the biometric date.

Also after the bio metric date I guess it's two weeks to submit all doc to Sheffield.

Any idea about priority service booking for Pakistan.
My plan is to submit the doc to Sheffield by February 5 so that she can come by march 3 to uk
Please advise and help me.
Thanks

whatislife786

Post by whatislife786 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:42 pm

here you go this is the link where you can pay priority fee.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ShoppingCar ... ation.aspx

Mhbb250
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Mhbb250 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi guys

I am intending to apply for spouse visa in coming month, my spouse is Afghan national and has to use VFS Islamabad, my question is can we keep our passport when applying with priority service? As an afghan without an ID in pakistan can be challenging at times. And using the standard service with which we can keep our passport is very slow.

Thanks

bismiallah
Afghanistan

Post by bismiallah » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Mhbb250 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:11 pm
Hi guys

I am intending to apply for spouse visa in coming month, my spouse is Afghan national and has to use VFS Islamabad, my question is can we keep our passport when applying with priority service? As an afghan without an ID in pakistan can be challenging at times. And using the standard service with which we can keep our passport is very slow.

Thanks
Hello I applied for my husband who is also Afghan national we paid £51 to keep the passport as he went back to Kabul. We applied -
Online- 15th March 2018
Biometrics and kept passport 22nd March 2018