ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Proof of Relationship

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

klite12

Spouse Visa - Proof of Relationship

Post by klite12 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:54 am

Hi Guys,

I was thinking about proof of relationship for my spouse visa application and if what I have would be considered suitable

- I have over (at least) 2 years worth of whatsapp messages and messages from an app called 'between' which is a one-way messaging system designed for couples. HOWEVER the language of conversation is primarily in URDU in English text. So although it's using the English alphabet, it's consisting of Urdu. Would this be problematic?

- I have logs for our calls on whatsapp spanning over several months (which also includes the duration of each call)

- I also have over 1000 photos exchanged with one another over the course of 4 years.

- I also have a professional photo album made of me and my spouse together at our engagement 4 years ago and a video of the event, and I also have the same photos/video of the wedding and all the traditions. I also have around 20-30 personal photos my spouse and I took together and out on trips.

I just got married on April 20th 2017 and I was engaged from the 25th of July 2013. I personally feel as if all the evidence I have would be fine however my main worry is the language. I speak to her in Urdu and I don't know if that will be accepted if I show the messages to the home office. Thanks!

SimonS

Re: Spouse Visa - Proof of Relationship

Post by SimonS » Sat May 06, 2017 3:29 am

Hi Klite,

I just checked my receipt at the post office and found out that my document pack weighed 3.1 kg with photo's ~ 36 in total. It's an awful lot of paperwork you need to submit along with the photo's. If you have a few recent ones and the receipts of accommodation, travel and boarding passes etc that match up from when you met before you married, this would be sufficient to prove you met each other before you wed. The ones from the wedding are not so important. The Internationally recognised wedding certificate is what counts. If it is not a UK wedding certificate it should be apostilled, if is not in English, then it should also be translated and notarised. The Whatsapp call record is also very useful to demonstrate "Subsisting" relationship. Ideally you should offer proof before and after the wedding but cultural flexibility is considered. However, if you want to submit chat records, the ECO probably wants them translated. The ECO may not be fluent in Erdu. I would focus less on photo's and more on travel and accommodation receipts from meetings with a few supporting photo's and get some of those recent messages translated and notarised - about six months worth.

The ECO guidelines for subsisting relationships are clearly defined and available on HO website

1) Evidence of long term relationship
2) Evidence of co-habitation
3) Having children together
4) Sharing a mortgage
5) Visiting each others home country
6) Consent (arranged marriages)

It is not necessary to meet all six criteria but the more the better. Photographs support evidence of a long term relationship, they do not define it.

Just my advice, I'm not an expert but I am going through the process and this was my understanding after reading the guidance - official and on this and other sites.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - Proof of Relationship

Post by seagul » Sat May 06, 2017 8:10 pm

I don't think it should be important to translate the chat records to prove subsisting relationship. More likely an Urdu understanding caseworker can also exist there or be referred to. I also think caseworker dont care as what chat exchanged and it's meaning.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.