ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Rejected - Help Please!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

technoguy

Visitor Visa Rejected - Help Please!!

Post by technoguy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi Everyone, Visitor visa applied by my sister in law got rejected with following explanation below. She passed masters in 2016, got selected in an IT company (has offer letter) and was waiting for joining date (and letter). She doesn't have assets like property, shares etc and bank balance was also Rs 43000. I thought it is expected for a 23 year old student not to have assets. I provided my bank statements to prove funds available in GBP which I intend to provide and fully sponsor the trip. Clearly it was mentioned that sponsor is funding entire trip including cost of accommodation, travels, insurance and any travel within UK. Also application mentioned that she is unemployed which is the case now as she is waiting for joining letter. But the refusal has been granted considering her own bank balance and lack of assets and ties in India.

Now my queries :(

1) She intent to apply again with more balance in the bank account, an FD, and explanation that she being a student who just graduated is supported by parents.

2) Attach degree (provisional) to prove the graduated in 2016 and offer letter to prove she will return to join the organisation once there is a joining date. Will also attach an email from the company confirming that she is awaiting joining date.

3) But what else can be used to prove ties in India or reasons to prove she intent to return? Anything can be used to prove family is in India? Any other things can be used to demonstrate ties in India and reason for return?

4) Can another application be made for visitor visa immediately with extra documentation? And should I stress on the points raised in rejected application in the comments? Or just make a fresh new application with additional documents?

********************************************* Refusal Letter *********************************************
Refusal of a visit visa

Your application for a visit visa to the United Kingdom has been refused.

The decision

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I lam not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) Appendix V of the Immigration Rules because:

Although you state that your sponsor intends to fund part of your trip you are required to satisfy me of your circumstances in India. I have therefore considered your own personal circumstances separately from those of your sponsor.

You state in your visa application form that you are unemployed and that your outgoings each month are £30 and that you plan to spend £3,000 on your visit. You have provided no details as to how you support yourself in India or the origin of the funds you state you will outlay. The bank book you have provided shows funds of Rs. 43,655 (£544.95 @ Rs. 100=£1.248), which is significantly less than the funds you state you have access too. I am not satisfied that you have provided an accurate representation of your means or that you personally hold the required funds to finance your proposed visit.

Furthermore, you have not submitted any evidence to show your personal circumstances in India and I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated ties which would necessitate your departure from the UK at the end of your visit duration.

In light of all the above, I am not satisfied that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit or that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes and will not undertake any prohibited activities set out in V 4.5 - V 4.10. (paragraphs 4.2(a), 4.2(c) and 4.2(d))

Furthermore , given the above concerns about the funds actually available to you, I am not satisfied that you will have sufficient funds to cover all the reasonable costs in relation to you visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey and any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities. (paragraph 4.2(e))

Future applications

Any future UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application change.

In relation to this decision there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Visitor Visa Rejected - Help Please!!

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Points to consider:

Is her life in India - no. It has primarily been in the U.K. for at least the number of years she has studied in the U.K.
Is there a need for her to return to the U.K at this time - no. She is awaiting Tier2 COS or RCOS to return to the UK.
Confirmation of her intended life in the U.K. based on her return under T2, thus is there an intent to return to India - Overall not at this time.
Likely success of a visitor visa going forward near to nil.

sunnymeh
Newly Registered

Post by sunnymeh » Mon May 01, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi technoguy,

I have received a similar rejection so wanted to check did you reapplied for the visa? What other documents have you provided for the same?

Thanks in advance.
Sunny
technoguy wrote:Hi Everyone, Visitor visa applied by my sister in law got rejected with following explanation below. She passed masters in 2016, got selected in an IT company (has offer letter) and was waiting for joining date (and letter). She doesn't have assets like property, shares etc and bank balance was also Rs 43000. I thought it is expected for a 23 year old student not to have assets. I provided my bank statements to prove funds available in GBP which I intend to provide and fully sponsor the trip. Clearly it was mentioned that sponsor is funding entire trip including cost of accommodation, travels, insurance and any travel within UK. Also application mentioned that she is unemployed which is the case now as she is waiting for joining letter. But the refusal has been granted considering her own bank balance and lack of assets and ties in India.

Now my queries :(

1) She intent to apply again with more balance in the bank account, an FD, and explanation that she being a student who just graduated is supported by parents.

2) Attach degree (provisional) to prove the graduated in 2016 and offer letter to prove she will return to join the organisation once there is a joining date. Will also attach an email from the company confirming that she is awaiting joining date.

3) But what else can be used to prove ties in India or reasons to prove she intent to return? Anything can be used to prove family is in India? Any other things can be used to demonstrate ties in India and reason for return?

4) Can another application be made for visitor visa immediately with extra documentation? And should I stress on the points raised in rejected application in the comments? Or just make a fresh new application with additional documents?

********************************************* Refusal Letter *********************************************
Refusal of a visit visa

Your application for a visit visa to the United Kingdom has been refused.

The decision

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I lam not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) Appendix V of the Immigration Rules because:

Although you state that your sponsor intends to fund part of your trip you are required to satisfy me of your circumstances in India. I have therefore considered your own personal circumstances separately from those of your sponsor.

You state in your visa application form that you are unemployed and that your outgoings each month are £30 and that you plan to spend £3,000 on your visit. You have provided no details as to how you support yourself in India or the origin of the funds you state you will outlay. The bank book you have provided shows funds of Rs. 43,655 (£544.95 @ Rs. 100=£1.248), which is significantly less than the funds you state you have access too. I am not satisfied that you have provided an accurate representation of your means or that you personally hold the required funds to finance your proposed visit.

Furthermore, you have not submitted any evidence to show your personal circumstances in India and I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated ties which would necessitate your departure from the UK at the end of your visit duration.

In light of all the above, I am not satisfied that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit or that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes and will not undertake any prohibited activities set out in V 4.5 - V 4.10. (paragraphs 4.2(a), 4.2(c) and 4.2(d))

Furthermore , given the above concerns about the funds actually available to you, I am not satisfied that you will have sufficient funds to cover all the reasonable costs in relation to you visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey and any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities. (paragraph 4.2(e))

Future applications

Any future UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application change.

In relation to this decision there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

technoguy

Post by technoguy » Sat May 06, 2017 2:53 pm

sunnymeh wrote:Hi technoguy,

I have received a similar rejection so wanted to check did you reapplied for the visa? What other documents have you provided for the same?

Thanks in advance.
Sunny
Hi, We have reapplied with more details included in the personal letter of the circumstances. We deposited money in her account and as letter from parents confirming source of funds from parents account (Can can include copy of check/bank statements of source to establish money trail). Documents received from the company including offer letter. Included a FD which was there but was not included initially. You can also provide evidence of Father/Mother income, business, property. Any other family/business ties in India. I would suggest target each point which is mentioned in the rejection and provided appropriate evidence. And yeah it was successful next time around.