ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will time spent in Isle of man count towards ILR ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

br5
Newly Registered

Will time spent in Isle of man count towards ILR ?

Post by br5 » Sat May 06, 2017 1:48 pm

Will time spent in isle of man count towards UK ILR ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Will time spent in Isle of man count towards ILR ?

Post by CR001 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:19 pm

According to your previous posts, you have PR obtained through the EEA route and not the UK Immigration rule (ILR) route.

british-citizenship/are-we-eligible-for ... l#p1456464
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

br5
Newly Registered

Post by br5 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:46 pm

I'm asking for a friend , not for me , is that not allowed on the forum ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:40 pm

br5 wrote:I'm asking for a friend , not for me , is that not allowed on the forum ?
You can but then you need to state that you are asking for a friend before asking the question.

Always easier, quicker and better for 'friends' to register and ask their own questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 06, 2017 9:05 pm

The following is from a Freedom of Information Request:
6 April 2013 the Immigration Rules have been amended to allow leave spent in the Crown Dependencies to be included in the calculation of the continuous period, provided the leave was in an equivalent category to the Immigration Rules (some categories of leave granted in the Crown Dependencies would no longer be granted in the UK, e.g. catering and hotel staff, as these positions are filled by EEA nationals, where they cannot be filled by the resident workforce).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.