ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gurmitleo
Newly Registered

spouse visa extension

Post by gurmitleo » Sat May 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please provide me with checklist or documents required for spouse visa extension, I am a British citizen?

Thanks,

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: spouse visa extension

Post by Casa » Sat May 06, 2017 1:08 pm

How is your wife applying for FLR(M) when you were only preparing to submit a Spouse Settlement visa application in March of this year :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gurmitleo
Newly Registered

Post by gurmitleo » Sat May 06, 2017 8:19 pm

my wife has got visa few days ago. I am just trying to prepare/collect the documents required in future for extension.

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 06, 2017 8:35 pm

During the next 2.5 years you should save evidence that you are living together.

Under the current rules this requires:
At least 6 documents in joint names at the same address from at least 3 different sources. A general guidance is one example every 4-5 months.

A2 level English will be required.

6 months of payslips + the corresponding bank statements (income can be joint)

I suggest that you read through the FLR(M) guidance notes which were updated on 6th April 2017. Bear in mind that these are updated annually and the requirements may well change during the next 2.5 years :idea:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2017.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gurmitleo
Newly Registered

Post by gurmitleo » Sun May 07, 2017 1:03 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

1) As we are living with my sister, can I provided banks statements in joint name from 3 different banks as the utility bills and council tax are under my sisters name.

2) Do we need to be constantly working for 2.5 years and need to earn 18,600 every year or can we take a break in first year?

3) I have 2 kids (british nationals). I was thinking to apply for child benefits and child tax credit, hope these will not effect visa extension in future.

Thanks for your guidance in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:55 am

1) As we are living with my sister, can I provided banks statements in joint name from 3 different banks as the utility bills and council tax are under my sisters name.
You will need more than just bank statements. Look at the form FLR(M), it gives examples of what HO expect to see, NHS letters, etc etc.
2) Do we need to be constantly working for 2.5 years and need to earn 18,600 every year or can we take a break in first year?
For the extension, you need to meet the requirement again with submitting the requirement evidence. You do not have to be employed and prove income for the whole 2.5 years.
3) I have 2 kids (british nationals). I was thinking to apply for child benefits and child tax credit, hope these will not effect visa extension in future.
Yes you can claim. Child benefit in YOUR name only (but you must mention wife in form) and child tax credits MUST be claimed in JOINT names with your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.