ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

American fathering irish born child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Muzikmaker
Newly Registered

American fathering irish born child

Post by Muzikmaker » Fri May 05, 2017 10:22 pm

My girlfriend is an irish born citizen and is 16 weeks pregnant with our child. I am from the United States and was in Ireland until a month ago on a holiday Visa. I am trying to find out the best way to be able to reside in Ireland and have the ability to work. I came back to the United States so that I wouldn't use up all of the time on my holiday Visa. The baby's due in October and I would like to come back as soon as possible legally. I know that after the baby is born there are certain paths that I can take to remain in Ireland and work legally but I am not sure how to go about that. Ideally I would like to be there before the baby is born so that we can prepare a proper home. If anybody can help me I don't even know where to begin

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: American fathering irish born child

Post by Casa » Sat May 06, 2017 9:56 am

Muzikmaker wrote:My girlfriend is an irish born citizen and is 16 weeks pregnant with our child. I am from the United States and was in Ireland until a month ago on a holiday Visa. I am trying to find out the best way to be able to reside in Ireland and have the ability to work. I came back to the United States so that I wouldn't use up all of the time on my holiday Visa. The baby's due in October and I would like to come back as soon as possible legally. I know that after the baby is born there are certain paths that I can take to remain in Ireland and work legally but I am not sure how to go about that. Ideally I would like to be there before the baby is born so that we can prepare a proper home. If anybody can help me I don't even know where to begin
Marriage? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Muzikmaker
Newly Registered

Post by Muzikmaker » Sat May 06, 2017 11:31 am

That was my thought as well. But she doesn't want to rush a wedding while pregnant.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sat May 06, 2017 11:52 am

The is 3 option..
If u get married
Or apply as partner
Or if ur kids born then apply through ur kid

Muzikmaker
Newly Registered

Post by Muzikmaker » Sat May 06, 2017 12:00 pm

pukon_check wrote:The is 3 option..
If u get married
Or apply as partner
Or if ur kids born then apply through ur kid

The child will be born in October. Is there a way to apply for a stamp 4 or something sell I can bee there through the pregnancy? We don't meet the requirements for domestic partnership and marriage isn't am option at the moment.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sat May 06, 2017 10:09 pm

Well if I were you ,I would write a letter to the relevant department with all the evidence that covers your relationship as well as your partner pregnancy and mention that you have plan to have residency in Ireland but at the moment your struggling with the situation..and your biggest concern is your up coming kid and u want to support your family..
I believe there should be some kind of preveledge for some one who's going to be father of an Irish born..
Also you n your partner can go to the immigration and do try talk to a superior or a supervisor and explain the situation..
You might have a way to reside in the state for time being ..
This suggestion is completely from my own thinking and perhaps you can approach to a solicitor..
Good to you and your family...
Hope it helps

Muzikmaker
Newly Registered

Post by Muzikmaker » Sat May 06, 2017 11:16 pm

I'm in the USA at the moment. So going anywhere with her is not an option. But are there or is there a specific solitor firm that would specialize in this kind of work. Being in the USA makes it rather hard.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sun May 07, 2017 12:07 am

Well can't mention any solicitor it's the board policy..
But tell what google for immigration solicitor..
All solicitor will be pretty much same fees wise and they all same expertise in the field..
Your case is not complicated but bit rare..
Good luck

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 07, 2017 12:46 am

pukon_check wrote:Well can't mention any solicitor it's the board policy..
All solicitor will be pretty much same fees wise and they all same expertise in the field..
Good luck
Not all immigration Solicitors have the same expertise, as will be evident from many members experience of flawed advice on even the simplest of issues.

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration- ... an-adviser
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Muzikmaker
Newly Registered

Post by Muzikmaker » Sun May 07, 2017 12:00 pm

Casa wrote:
Good luck
Not all immigration Solicitors have the same expertise, as will be evident from many members experience of flawed advice on even the simplest of issues.

Would that link help me for southern Ireland, like?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Muzikmaker wrote:
Casa wrote:
Good luck

Would that link help me for southern Ireland, like?
The Immigration legal advisor doesn't necessarily have to be resident in Éire, providing they have extensive knowledge of the country's immigration Rules.
However, there should be an equivalent Éire government link. Google is your friend. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)