ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 6 years DLR by PEO appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR after 6 years DLR by PEO appointment

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:41 am

africangirl wrote:The journey is over now , just waiting to apply for citizenship after one year if i am correct.
Correct, you need ILR for exactly 12 months, unless you are married to a British citizen, in which case you can apply immediately provided you meet ALL the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:03 am

CR001 wrote:
africangirl wrote:The journey is over now , just waiting to apply for citizenship after one year if i am correct.
Correct, you need ILR for exactly 12 months, unless you are married to a British citizen, in which case you can apply immediately provided you meet ALL the requirements.
Thank you for confirming this , I don't mind waiting for 12 months as long I will be able to apply after that.

I am just happy my immigration issues are over for now.

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:45 pm

African girl please can you give us a timeline of events as it would help some of us. I wrote to the home office asking when I should apply for indefinite leave to remain and they said 28 days before my visa expiry (however it took them 18 months to grant me an extension and it looks they are making me wait due to their delay. Initial grant was March 2011 and the extension was done in August 2015 which was an 18 months wait ). Does the waiting time really count?

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:30 pm

@fimboz the waiting time count......i did count the waiting time and i was granted my ILR just make sure you explain in your cover letter hope some people will help you too here.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:49 am

Hi All,

I know this is something different I did not want to start another thread.

Now i have ILR will i be allowed to travel to my home country i have never travelled there before even though i was refused my asylum case and only given DL on humanitarian grounds and for more than 15 years never been back to my home country. I was not sure if i am allowed to travel there now i do have ILR to what point will one be allowed to go back to their home country.

I do hold my country's passport and i knew some people after they have been given ILR after being on their asylum visa they do travel to their home country.

Am i being just scared of H/O and moreover was never given asylum and my documents i received when i get ILR doesn't say anything about limitation of travelling abroad.

Thanks

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi ya just want to say thank you to everyone for answering questions especially there moderators. I visited peo today and got ILR after 6 years dlr. I didn't have to do life in the uk test I think under the old rules. and applied two months before my dlr expired.

blessed24
Newly Registered

Post by blessed24 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:52 am

Congratlations!!!!!!

can you post a timeline of how things went pls

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:41 am

Yes we got there quite early did airport style screenings. Then we went upstairs for ticket (they wouldn't give you a ticket if you are more than 15 mins early for you appointment so we had to wait around) . My appointment was at 10:50, I got my ticket at around 10:45, I got called my number about 10 mins later. They give you a sheet that tells you everything that would happen on the day. The first counter books your document into the system then sends you to do biometric another wait for about 10 mins, after biometrics they ask you if you want to go coffee shop or leave then they'll call you, I chose coffee shop. This is where the real wait begins. I think I was in the coffee shop from 11:10 till my number was called at around 15:00 so about 4 hours. The sheet they give say they aim to reach a decision in 2.5 hours. So they call your number and hand your documents and tell you your card will be in the post in 7-10 days. Then done! You leave. No awkward questions, nice people, smooth day. The only thing is the wait can be nerve racking but i still think it's better than postal where
You can be waiting for months!!

bigdaddy82
Newly Registered

Re: ILR after 6 years DLR

Post by bigdaddy82 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:59 am

hi my husband is applying for his ILR after completing 6 years DR does he need to have his biometrics done before the application is sent?
many thanks
kelly

azharmahmood
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by azharmahmood » Mon May 08, 2017 12:26 am

Hello everyone

just wanted to make sure that someone mentiined that LIFE IN THE UK TEST is not necessary if you are on DL. Can i have some views about it. Congratz all who got their ILR after completing 6 years DL period. I am going for it in few months

Regards

Azhar

bigdaddy82
Newly Registered

Re: ILR after 6 years DLR

Post by bigdaddy82 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:18 am

HI does anybody know what documents you need to send with the ILR form as my husband is due to send his in a few weeks but i can not find anywhere what they need
thank you

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:17 am

I don't think there are set documents required for 6 years dlr to ILR. But you have to show life in the UK and ties, also you should show that the basis dlr was granted in the first place still persists so family life, no convictions etc. However if you look around the forum people who have successfully acquired ILR through dlr have posted documents they submitted

sadza100
Newly Registered

Post by sadza100 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:14 am

mck2010 wrote:Yes we got there quite early did airport style screenings. Then we went upstairs for ticket (they wouldn't give you a ticket if you are more than 15 mins early for you appointment so we had to wait around) . My appointment was at 10:50, I got my ticket at around 10:45, I got called my number about 10 mins later. They give you a sheet that tells you everything that would happen on the day. The first counter books your document into the system then sends you to do biometric another wait for about 10 mins, after biometrics they ask you if you want to go coffee shop or leave then they'll call you, I chose coffee shop. This is where the real wait begins. I think I was in the coffee shop from 11:10 till my number was called at around 15:00 so about 4 hours. The sheet they give say they aim to reach a decision in 2.5 hours. So they call your number and hand your documents and tell you your card will be in the post in 7-10 days. Then done! You leave. No awkward questions, nice people, smooth day. The only thing is the wait can be nerve racking but i still think it's better than postal where
You can be waiting for months!!
congrats mck2000, just a few questions. Would be very grateful if yli can help
1-did you photocopy everything?
2-how much did you pay?
3-did you print all 80 pages of from set o?
4-any advice you can give, iam takimg mine in Sheffield in 4 weeks time.
Thank you and God bless

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 pm

Yes I was asked at the biometrics booth if all my files were photocopies I said yes, they took all photocopies no originals.
I paid the old fees because I booked before the fee changed so I think it was 2375 previously
Yes printed all pages but only filled in what was applicable to me
Not really it was really straight forward no questions was asked. As long as your case is straight forward it should be fine. It really was a smooth day.

sadza100
Newly Registered

Post by sadza100 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:05 am

mck2010 wrote:Yes I was asked at the biometrics booth if all my files were photocopies I said yes, they took all photocopies no originals.
I paid the old fees because I booked before the fee changed so I think it was 2375 previously
Not really it was really straight forward no questions was asked. As long as your case is straight forward it should be fine. It really was a smooth day.

Many thanks, sorry to be a pain. How many years bank statements/60/payslips did you take?

Cheers

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:40 am

6 months bank statements I think 1 year payslips I didn't have last April and march though as I had lost them but it seemed fine, and I took any p60s I could find i think one or two. My documents weren't great but dlr was given to me on family life so I took tenancy agreement with all of us on it, bills, and got friends and family to write support statement but
There aren't no set documents required for dlr to ILR just show how you've built you life in the UK

sadza100
Newly Registered

Post by sadza100 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:04 pm

mck2010 wrote:6 months bank statements I think 1 year payslips I didn't have last April and march though as I had lost them but it seemed fine, and I took any p60s I could find i think one or two. My documents weren't great but dlr was given to me on family life so I took tenancy agreement with all of us on it, bills, and got friends and family to write support statement but
There aren't no set documents required for dlr to ILR just show how you've built you life in the UK
Thank you for the info. My wife and kids are British so will include their documents and sch reports, uni degree etc.
Cheers

blessed24
Newly Registered

Post by blessed24 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:47 pm

Hi all,
Can someone help me clarify a few things regarding my situation please.
I was given 3yrs DL after a failed asylum on 3/02/12
I renewed on time in 2015 precisely 15/1/15
I was granted further3yrs 0n 27/07/15
Now my question are
1. Can I apply for ILR 28days before 3/02/18
2. In the application form DL it states
" When does your limited leave to enter or remain expire? Please do not submit your
application earlier than 1 month before the expiry date of your current leave"
Does that mean I cannot apply for ILR when I complete 6yrs DL exactly.
3. Can I aIso use the premium service ?
4. If yes what form do I use? Form DL or Form Set(0)
Thank you all

azharmahmood
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by azharmahmood » Thu May 11, 2017 8:59 pm

according to my knowledge you can apply within 28 days time, yes after completing 6 years of DL you can apply for ILR, you can use premium service and u will use set (o) form

Please correct me if i am wrong

blessed24
Newly Registered

Post by blessed24 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Thanks
really appreciated

leonex4t5
United Kingdom

Post by leonex4t5 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi all, thought I shared my success. I applied for ILR yesterday (9/6/17) at PEO and was successful. In under an hour I was already told I was successful. In approx 90 mins I was on my way home.

Bit of background in the link below:
immigration-for-family-members/dlr-and- ... l#p1494100
Hard Work = Sucess!

azharmahmood
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by azharmahmood » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:31 pm

leonex4t5 wrote:Hi all, thought I shared my success. I applied for ILR yesterday (9/6/17) at PEO and was successful. In under an hour I was already told I was successful. In approx 90 mins I was on my way home.

Bit of background in the link below:
immigration-for-family-members/dlr-and- ... l#p1494100

Congratulations, can you please let us know the exact documents y for this submit for this application. Thanks

azharmahmood
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by azharmahmood » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:54 pm

sorry for the typing issue with my keyboard

Congratulations, can you please let us know the exact documents you had submitted for this application. Thanks

leonex4t5
United Kingdom

Post by leonex4t5 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Supporting letter
International Passport
Two Passport photographs
Previous leaves (brp)
Proof of address (bank statement, council tax etc)
Proof of relationship with my British child (birth certificate, junior bond investment statement, letter from school explaining my role and contribution to my child's life, letter from child's mother).
Proof of employment ( payslips and employment letter)
Proof of benefit overpayment and receipts of payment back to the council.

The key document above was the letter from my child's school explaining that I'm playing a vital role in my child's life as this was the basis of my original grant.

Subject to any criminal issues, My suggestion to others is to strongly demonstrate that the circumstance prevailing at the time of previous grants is still the same.
Hard Work = Sucess!

sadza100
Newly Registered

Post by sadza100 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:22 am

mck2010 wrote:Yes I was asked at the biometrics booth if all my files were photocopies I said yes, they took all photocopies no originals.

Hi sorry to be a pain, just a quick question, got my first dlr on 4/07/2011, so my 6 years was on 4/7/2017, have I broken rules by not applying 28 days before 4/7/2017 or I can do it anytime as the my current dlr end oct 2017 ieven though I reached 6 years continuous dlr on 04/7/2017?. thanks