ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 G awaiting decision for CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie1985
Newly Registered

Tier 2 G awaiting decision for CoS

Post by newbie1985 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Dear all,

I am currently living in the UK on a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa. My employer is sponsoring me for a Tier 2 General visa on a different business he owns, (I am getting another job). RLMT has been done and we applied for my CoS on 2nd May and I am awaiting decision. I am hopeful it will be approved as all rules have been followed and a fair RLMT was done.

My query is: I delivered my baby in Oct 2016 in the UK and I did not get any dependent visa for him as my employer was in the process of getting a sponsor license and I assumed if we as a family are going to move into Tier 2 G it may be a waste of time to get my baby a dependent visa for an interim period. But on hindsight I think I may have made a mistake. On a scenario where my CoS is approved, I will be applying with my baby as dependent, will there be any problem as he had no visa between October and now?

The alternative I am thinking is to leave him with my husband here in the UK and I go home for the stamping and get a dependent visa for both of them in country here in the UK.

Can you advice me about this, has anybody faced this?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 G awaiting decision for CoS

Post by Djsuccess » Sun May 07, 2017 6:43 pm

From what I have seen people do, your baby is ok as he was born here and has not be taken out of the country. You can either wait until one of the parents qualify for ILR and the you can apply for Citizenship for your child. You can as add him as a dependent on your new tier 2 visa. If you are applying from your home country, then you will need to take the baby out with you. Once your baby holds a dependent visa, you have to make sure you renew/extend the visa when you extend yours. We have seen stories of babies refused visa because they didn't renew their visa when it expired.
So technically, your baby is ok even though he hasn't had a visa since he was born.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon May 08, 2017 9:36 am

both ways are fine.
you could take him with you and apply for his dependent visa, however, u will have to provide proof that the other parent already has a visa as well.
or you could apply for both husband and child dependent visa inside the uk once you get yous. probably easier this way.

newbie1985
Newly Registered

Post by newbie1985 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:19 am

iworker wrote:both ways are fine.
you could take him with you and apply for his dependent visa, however, u will have to provide proof that the other parent already has a visa as well.
or you could apply for both husband and child dependent visa inside the uk once you get yous. probably easier this way.
/Dear Iworker, thank you very much for this. Can I ask you one more question please?
The other parent, my husband, is on his tier 2 ICT which is valid until Dec 2017 so he is planning to change his status in country when I am back with my Tier 2 G visa stamped. However, this leads me to think about doing this in country, which I did think primarily, but I was asked to go and apply for my tier 2 G only from a country I hold residency-ship, which is India in my case. You say that I could make an application all of us could make a visa application in country? is this possible? if yes it will save so much of time / energy / hassle you name it.

newbie1985
Newly Registered

Post by newbie1985 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:47 am

i WORKER, I am sorry, please ignore my message, I just re-read your initial reply. silly me... I get it now. I think I will do the daddy-son together in-country and just do mine back home.