ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

30 days vignette for a spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lhsiri

30 days vignette for a spouse visa

Post by lhsiri » Mon May 08, 2017 11:39 am

Hi everyone ,

my wife granted a spouse visa, and she got that 30 days vignette visa to travel to the UK to collect her brp card in the post office over here.
the issue is that she can't travel on that 30 days period.
my questions are :
1- what is the correct application form for this case? all what I can find is a form to replace the vignette if your passport lost or stolen .
2- would it be possible for me to bring her passport with me to the UK and send them together with application ?
3- is there any supporting documents that need to be submit with the application ?
4- is the decision will take more 2 months ?

So sorry for all these because I know that other people posted this issue but I was in a bit of confusing .

Thank you all in advance

vinny

Re: 30 days vignette for a spouse visa

Post by vinny » Mon May 08, 2017 11:42 am

She may apply for a vignette transfer.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lhsiri

Post by lhsiri » Mon May 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi Vinny, thanks for your reply. I went to the application website and selected the visa options like this:

Select Visa Type
Please select the correct visa category. When you select the visa category you want, we will ask you a series of questions to ensure you are applying for the correct visa.
Reason for Visit * other
Visa Type * other
Visa Sub Type * vignette transfer
★This visa is to request the transfer of a valid UK visa/entry clearance into a new passport <---- this is my question!!!

she is not transferring her soon-expired vignette to a new passport. she just need a new one in her current passport so she can travel in 3 months time

Does she still choose this option and proceed?

Thanks!!!

lhsiri

Post by lhsiri » Wed May 10, 2017 10:31 am

anyone please !

lhsiri

Post by lhsiri » Thu May 11, 2017 11:47 am

is anyone been in this situation? or there is no answer for this issue ?

lhsiri

3 months prior planned travel date

Post by lhsiri » Wed May 17, 2017 10:18 am

Hi all,
we are planning to apply for a replacement vignette visa that will expire on 25/05 but the next travel date will be on 06/09 . our questions are:

1- Is the 3 months period time before traveling start when you complete your online application or when you submit your documents on the appointment day?

2- they told us we have to apply before the current one expire is that mean completing the application or submitting the documents on the appointment day ?

3- example: if we complete our application online before the 25/05 and book and appointment on 25/06 , are we going to be ok with that?

thanks a lot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 3 months prior planned travel date

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Is it a visa extension in the UK?

Your post is not clear. A replacement vignette is applied for outside the UK if the person cannot travel within the 30 days
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lhsiri

Post by lhsiri » Wed May 17, 2017 9:16 pm

yes you are right my wife had the 30 days vignette visa from outside UK and she can't travel on that period and it will expire in 25th May, they told us that we have to apply before the current one expire , is applying means completing the application online or actually book and attend an appointment before the expire date? and is the 3 months period prior traveling start when you complete your online application or when you submit your documents on the appointment day?

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:37 pm

She has to apply for a change to the vignette, costs a couple hundred ££ to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lhsiri

Post by lhsiri » Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 pm

thanks for the answer
and the price for vignette transfer is £168
but my question is : when they say apply before the other one expire mean completing the online application or booking the appointment ?
example if the current vignette visa will expire on 25th May do we have to complete the online application before that date or we have to book an appointment before that date ?
sorry for the confusing

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 31, 2017 3:57 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.