ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Tier 1 Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssm4u
India

ILR for Tier 1 Dependent

Post by ssm4u » Mon May 08, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi,

I've ILR through Tier 1 General route. My spouse was in Tier 2 ICT visa from Apr-2011 till Apr-2013.
She went to india for a week while on Tier 2 ICT and applied for Tier 1 - General dependent visa on Feb-2013 and came back to UK. Her Tier 1 - General dependent visa is expiring in Jul-2017.

She is in UK continuously for 6+ years both combining in Tier 2 ICT and Tier 1 General Dependent visa.
(Tier 2 ICT - 23 months and Tier 1 General Dependent - 50 months)

Can she apply for ILR or does she need to go for an extension?

Thanks
ssm4u

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for Tier 1 Dependent

Post by CR001 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Can she apply for ILR
No. Tier 2 ICT after 2010 DOES NOT lead to ILR and she cannot combine any PBS main visa she held with a PBS dependent visa to make up 5 years.
does she need to go for an extension?
Yes, Tier 1 G dependent. She needs 5 years residence on Tier 1 General Dependent calculated from the date she ENTERED the UK in 2013 before she can apply for ILR in 2018.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.