ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If ILR is refused how do you pack up in 28 days?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spoelie
Newly Registered

If ILR is refused how do you pack up in 28 days?

Post by Spoelie » Mon May 08, 2017 10:17 pm

I'm quite confident that our ILR will come through. We are currently on the Tier 1 Entrepreneur route and applied for ILR after being in the country for 5 years.

But, I'm just thinking...IF (God forbid) we do not obtain ILR...How on earth do we pack up in 28 days....

Assets, running business, employees...what on earth happens to them and to the business?

As far as I know, we've ticked all the boxes. Application is clear and solid. Confident...but interested.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: If ILR is refused how do you pack up in 28 days?

Post by zimba » Tue May 09, 2017 1:31 am

Refusal does not mean you must leave the country immediately. You have the right to AR or you can apply again 14 days after AR is refused.
Unless you are sure you will not qualify for ILR (it does not seem to be the case for you) or any other application or AR , you can stay here. If you decided to leave you for whatever reason, you can take some time to wrap things up before leaving (there is no 28 days rule or such)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Spoelie
Newly Registered

Post by Spoelie » Tue May 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Thank you Zimba, I can't remember where I read (misread) the - you have to leave in 28 days - but that makes me feel a bit better knowing that IF the application were unsuccessful we at least have time to do the human thing by giving notices to landlords, employees, selling assets and so forth.

Fingers crossed for a successful outcome.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 09, 2017 2:45 pm

I think that people who applied out of time and are subsequently refused after 28 days may face a re-entry ban problem?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 10, 2017 2:20 pm

vinny wrote:I think that people who applied out of time and are subsequently refused after 28 days may face a re-entry ban problem?
Yes, it seems the reduced this to 30 days of overstaying which leads to a 1 year re-entry ban
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

paboluuk

Post by paboluuk » Thu May 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi Spoelie,

Just to clarify, was there any strong reason that HO hold/invalidate your ILR application. If you're previous earnings are genuine, then nothing to worry. By the way, How you submitted your application (PEO appointment or post) ? If, when did you submitted it ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 12, 2017 12:44 am

paboluuk wrote:Hi Spoelie,

Just to clarify, was there any strong reason that HO hold/invalidate your ILR application. If you're previous earnings are genuine, then nothing to worry. By the way, How you submitted your application (PEO appointment or post) ? If, when did you submitted it ?

Thanks
The OP applied for ILR under Tier 1 Entrepreneur route. This visa does not have income requirements, you also cannot use PSC for your application under Tier 1E. It must be always postal