ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 1 ent dependent to Tier 4 student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aashima
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1 ent dependent to Tier 4 student

Post by aashima » Mon May 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Hi all

I had some very important questions and will appreciate all responses.

I am currently on Tier 1 entrepreneur dependent visa and have applied for my visa extension and am now awaiting a response.

I wanted to check about the following:

Can I make an in-country application to switch from Tier 1 entrepreneur dependent to Tier 4 student (main visa holder).

I have stayed in this country for around seven years without any breaks and have not over stayed at any instance. If I withdraw my current visa extension application and apply for a student visa, will this cause a break in my attempt to have a 10 year lawful residency ILR application.
My stay is as follows
Student visa (09/2009-2012)- PSW visa (2012 - 2014) - Tier 1 dependent visa (2014 - current).

I have also heard that there are recent changes introduced due to which you cannot make any in-country student application from any current visa categories apart from two exceptions (Syrian nationals and Diplomat's family route). Please advise about this.

A big thank you in advance for all advise and help in the matter.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from Tier 1 ent dependent to Tier 4 student

Post by CR001 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:05 pm

I have also heard that there are recent changes introduced due to which you cannot make any in-country student application from any current visa categories apart from two exceptions (Syrian nationals and Diplomat's family route). Please advise about this.
Nonsense. Don't believe everything you 'hear'.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aashima
Newly Registered

Post by aashima » Mon May 08, 2017 11:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Nonsense. Don't believe everything you 'hear'.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa
Hi CR001

Thank you for your response.

Just checked the link. I understand that people on certain Tier 2 and Tier 4 categories are allowed to make a switch via an in-country application. I am not sure if a Tier 1 entrepreneur dependent is allowed to switch in-country to Tier 4 student visa.

Do you think there is a chance for Tier 1 entrepreneur dependents to switch to Tier 4 student visa in-country?

Many thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:57 pm

aashima wrote:Can I make an in-country application to switch from Tier 1 entrepreneur dependent to Tier 4 student (main visa holder).
No. See https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa
aashima wrote:I have also heard that there are recent changes introduced due to which you cannot make any in-country student application from any current visa categories apart from two exceptions (Syrian nationals and Diplomat's family route). Please advise about this.
It is not relevant to your situation, but see https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3000
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.