ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Dividend Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malik14
Site Admin

Director of Limited Company

Post by malik14 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:15 am

Hi,

I am a sole Director of a limited company, I am a British National and married to a Non-British person.
I want to apply for my wife's spouse visa, In order to meet £18600 benchmark for Financial requirement,
I am planning to pay myself salary of £1550 per month before tax, for next 6 months. Would that fulfil the requirements?

Also as a background, I own this company for last 3 years and I been paying myself random amount at random times, but now to meet visa requirements, I would start paying myself enough salary regularly to meet the target set by HO.

Please kindly inform me, if I am missing something.

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Re: Director of Limited Company

Post by Mojohnson » Tue May 02, 2017 10:57 am

£1,550 x 6 = £9300

As a director you have to submit 12 months of bank statements so does your salary for the rest of the previous 6 months cover the other £9,300- and do you have wage slips and bank statements to show this?

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:08 am

hi, According to the Financial Requirement document -

"Where a person receives a salary from employment as a director of a limited company in the UK of the type specified in paragraph 9(a), that salaried income can only be counted under Category F or Category G, as appropriate."

"Under Category F or Category G, all sources of income must fall within the financial year(s) relied on and must still be a source of income at the time of application. For example, to count income from property rental the income must have been received during the relevant financial year(s) and the property must still be owned by the relevant person at the date of application."

You will have to submit documents for the same 12 months period.

malik14
Site Admin

Post by malik14 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:36 am

Hi,

I been paying myself minimum salary of £600 per month. so it will be £7200 per year or £3600 for 6 months.

Now on the basis of replies above, I could pay myself enough dividend for the current financial year and submit 12 months of salaries slips ? which will account to £7200 in terms of salary and £11400 as dividend ?

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:49 am

yes technically that should be fine. what i did was I took a salary of £6500 for last three months of the financial year, so thats £19500/annum. I am still waiting for my wife's visa, it has been around 80 workings days (nearly 4 months)!!

Mojohnson
Pakistan

Post by Mojohnson » Tue May 02, 2017 2:30 pm

malik14 wrote:Hi,

I been paying myself minimum salary of £600 per month. so it will be £7200 per year or £3600 for 6 months.

Now on the basis of replies above, I could pay myself enough dividend for the current financial year and submit 12 months of salaries slips ? which will account to £7200 in terms of salary and £11400 as dividend ?
That's fine. Make sure dividend vouchers correspond with bank statements. The wage slips also need to correspond exactly in terms of amounts and dates of transfer to your account.

malik14
Site Admin

Post by malik14 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Mojohnson wrote:

That's fine. Make sure dividend vouchers correspond with bank statements. The wage slips also need to correspond exactly in terms of amounts and dates of transfer to your account.
Thanks for your reply, just on wage slips, I use to generate payslips and submit to HMRC at random periods, I have full 12 months payslips and exact amount shown as transferred from my Business account to personal account, but issue is random dates, lets say sometimes after 3 months I would generate payslips and transfer amount for last 3 months salary, with 3 separate payments at same time.

msansari88
Newly Registered

Post by msansari88 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:23 am

malik14 wrote:
Mojohnson wrote:

Thanks for your reply, just on wage slips, I use to generate payslips and submit to HMRC at random periods, I have full 12 months payslips and exact amount shown as transferred from my Business account to personal account, but issue is random dates, lets say sometimes after 3 months I would generate payslips and transfer amount for last 3 months salary, with 3 separate payments at same time.
Hi, have you submitted your documents yet, I am in a similar position as yours. I have transferred myself 2000 pounds a month from Jan-March as i didnt pay myself a salary in that tax year, so basically took advantage of the tax allowance, From april onwards I am paying myself less than 2000 pounds but ensuring that my monthly salary is more than 25,000 per annum.

In the application do we fill out Category F/G or Category A from the financial requirement section. Do I also need to submit my company accounts as well

vsab101
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by vsab101 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:02 pm

msansari88 wrote:
malik14 wrote:
Mojohnson wrote:

Hi, have you submitted your documents yet, I am in a similar position as yours. I have transferred myself 2000 pounds a month from Jan-March as i didnt pay myself a salary in that tax year, so basically took advantage of the tax allowance, From april onwards I am paying myself less than 2000 pounds but ensuring that my monthly salary is more than 25,000 per annum.

In the application do we fill out Category F/G or Category A from the financial requirement section. Do I also need to submit my company accounts as well
It would be category F/G and yes, you would need to submit company docs for the last full financial year.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 11, 2017 6:43 pm

Are you registered for RTI with HMRC? It's a legal requirement for PAYE.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

abc14
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Dividend Query

Post by abc14 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my wife's spouse visa, I am a Director or Limited company, where I receive salary and dividends, Now some of the dividends are not shown on my personal statement, but my accountant said, he will issue Accountant's certificate and also SA302 from HRMC, which will show the dividends on my self assessments and declared as well but will be paid at a later date.

Please somebody could kindly reply I this will be enough ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Dividend Query

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Why have you registered a second username to ask the same question as your username malik14

Mulitple Usernames (click) are not permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abc14
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by abc14 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:11 pm

I forgot the password for malik14, and when I tried to do the password reset, using username and email address, system responded with 'Your not authorised to change your password'.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:21 pm

So which username do you wish to keep?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

abc14
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by abc14 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:21 pm
So which username do you wish to keep?

abc14 since its working right now.

abc14
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by abc14 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:35 am

Mojohnson wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi, my wage slips and dividends vouchers correspond exactly to amounts and dates of transfer. However for my salary payment through laziness, I often miss to pay myself for couple of months, but then in one go, I payed myself for previous couple of months which I forgot. Again all shown on the statements.